Gametanamo Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for degenerates to shoot shit about their favorite hobby

HomeHomepageLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

BF3 fact sheet released

Go down 
+8
xALIENAx
1Bryce1
the_Fetophagist
spacefox
bat
RoninHo'in
DTECH
muss1210
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
sPurMiN_gErMin
Lederhosen
sPurMiN_gErMin

BF3 fact sheet released - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 fact sheet released   BF3 fact sheet released - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 10:26 am

And I thought we finally got rid of you...

too bad I guess...
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: BF3 fact sheet released   BF3 fact sheet released - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 2:05 pm

xALIENAx wrote:
I'm not even Upset that they're in- I'm upset at the Lack of a bunch of new stuff and return of lame "features". They could Mix it up with alot of different guns and varients and what not rather they are in use or not by the faction portrayed but imho reusing the same guns and models 3 games in a row is lazy as hell.
What would you suggest that they should add in? SCAR has yet to be adopted for widespread use.
Back to top Go down
xALIENAx
Completely Sane and Normal Individual
xALIENAx

PostSubject: Re: BF3 fact sheet released   BF3 fact sheet released - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 12:15 am

Skreshavik wrote:

What would you suggest that they should add in? SCAR has yet to be adopted for widespread use.
Like they said, it doesn't have to be supper accurate to real life, just reasonable. SCAR, AK74, AK107, FAL, G3, MP5, MP7, etc. and their various variants and derivatives.

They have just done shit (a lot of it) that strikes me as lazy. Even MoH (even with it's shitty game play) had a nice mix of objectives in "combat mission" which BTW is basically rush any ways with the same attacker/Defender Linear style setup. But they at least mixed it up. Secure the crash site, destroy the roadblock, take out the AA gun, capture the airfield, etc.

BF3 looks like they replaced crates with an even more generic looking Soda-machine-looking objective. The guns are just another example of re-hash design.

Yes the brought back jets, Yay. They also excluded alot of things we wanted as a comunity (that already exist in earlier BFs) while bringing BACK shit everyone screamed murder about in BC1, 1943, and BC2. I just find it hard to feel any excitement about this game.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: BF3 fact sheet released   BF3 fact sheet released - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 12:16 am

Guess ur not a battlefield player anymore then BF3 fact sheet released - Page 2 4044769246
Back to top Go down
xALIENAx
xALIENAx

PostSubject: Re: BF3 fact sheet released   BF3 fact sheet released - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 12:18 am

RoninHo'in wrote:
Guess ur not a battlefield player anymore then BF3 fact sheet released - Page 2 4044769246
After 3 Disappointing titles in a row, with more of the Lame-Same to follow, not really.
Back to top Go down
DTECH
Master of Facts, Factual Evidence, and Facts
DTECH

PostSubject: Re: BF3 fact sheet released   BF3 fact sheet released - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 12:45 am

xALIENAx wrote:

Like they said, it doesn't have to be supper accurate to real life, just reasonable. SCAR, AK74, AK107, FAL, G3, MP5, MP7, etc. and their various variants and derivatives.

They have just done shit (a lot of it) that strikes me as lazy. Even MoH (even with it's shitty game play) had a nice mix of objectives in "combat mission" which BTW is basically rush any ways with the same attacker/Defender Linear style setup. But they at least mixed it up. Secure the crash site, destroy the roadblock, take out the AA gun, capture the airfield, etc.

BF3 looks like they replaced crates with an even more generic looking giant fucking iPod objective. The guns are just another example of re-hash design.

Yes the brought back jets, Yay. They also excluded alot of things we wanted as a comunity (that already exist in earlier BFs) while bringing BACK shit everyone screamed murder about in BC1, 1943, and BC2. I just find it hard to feel any excitement about this game.

Fixed
Back to top Go down
xALIENAx
xALIENAx

PostSubject: Re: BF3 fact sheet released   BF3 fact sheet released - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 1:10 am

HAHAH lol IPOD
Back to top Go down
DGAF
Homosexual male
DGAF

PostSubject: Re: BF3 fact sheet released   BF3 fact sheet released - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 10:25 am

I still play BC1 nonstop, best game evAR.
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

PostSubject: Re: BF3 fact sheet released   BF3 fact sheet released - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 3:58 pm

Aliena you're crazy. BF3 may not be the BF3 you were expecting, but times change. It's not 2005 anymore, you're not getting BF2.5 here, you're getting BF3.

I personally think it looks amazing despite a few nitpicks I have, my only concern is whether 24 players on consoles are gonna be enough for some good action-packed vehicle fights.

But they really went all out on this one, I was really disappointed with DICE with BC2: Vietnam and didnt even bother buying that, but they learned their lesson from BC2.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: BF3 fact sheet released   BF3 fact sheet released - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 4:08 pm

spacefox wrote:
Aliena you're crazy. BF3 may not be the BF3 you were expecting, but times change. It's not 2005 anymore, you're not getting BF2.5 here, you're getting BF3.

I personally think it looks amazing despite a few nitpicks I have, my only concern is whether 24 players on consoles are gonna be enough for some good action-packed vehicle fights.

But they really went all out on this one, I was really disappointed with DICE with BC2: Vietnam and didnt even bother buying that, but they learned their lesson from BC2.

I'm hoping big maps feature more vehicle fighting and less infantry fighting.

Big maps are about vehicles... wanna be infantry? Great, grab a quad... nobody should HAVE to walk on those maps with only 24 players.
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

PostSubject: Re: BF3 fact sheet released   BF3 fact sheet released - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 4:10 pm

RoninHo'in wrote:
spacefox wrote:

I'm hoping big maps feature more vehicle fighting and less infantry fighting.

Big maps are about vehicles... wanna be infantry? Great, grab a quad... nobody should HAVE to walk on those maps with only 24 players.
Word, BC2 didnt have enough light vehicles on most of the larger maps to get around with.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: BF3 fact sheet released   BF3 fact sheet released - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 4:13 pm

More tanks too though....

There should be enough ATTACK vehicles for EVERYBODY.

If you want a fast transport? Well there are those too.

Without 64 players you'll never have that epic large scale lots of vehicles and infantry feel.

You can have intense infantry, or intense infantry with a couple vehicles... or you can have intense vehicles (which goes good on these big maps)

we just don't have enough players for fuckin Heavy Metal with only 5 total Heavies (grand total), no Lights, and a cpl helos each.
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

PostSubject: Re: BF3 fact sheet released   BF3 fact sheet released - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 4:25 pm

True that.

But consoles has like a limit of vehicles. DICE always says, "It's more players or more vehicles". There's gotta be enough for everyone though, Heavy Metal had 1 buggy per base and Id always find myself stranded.

Anyways Aliena's complaints are just pointless bitching. She's still gonna get it and she's still gonna like it.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: BF3 fact sheet released   BF3 fact sheet released - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 4:36 pm

vehicles aren't that much harder then a player FFS.

AND they've done 32 players on console in house... it's just bandwidth that's the issue, not the rendering. Doubt a vehicle has that much added bandwidth really.
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

PostSubject: Re: BF3 fact sheet released   BF3 fact sheet released - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 4:41 pm

Yeah but I guess their point is, "We add more players and we also need to add more vehicles, but we wont have enough bandwidth for both"

They just better have enough vehicles for everybody. I wont accept less than 2 jets per team on every jet map.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: BF3 fact sheet released   BF3 fact sheet released - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 4:57 pm

spacefox wrote:
Yeah but I guess their point is, "We add more players and we also need to add more vehicles, but we wont have enough bandwidth for both"

They just better have enough vehicles for everybody. I wont accept less than 2 jets per team on every jet map.

should be 2 per team since they're 1 seaters....

also... I smell bullshit.
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

PostSubject: Re: BF3 fact sheet released   BF3 fact sheet released - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 5:25 pm

RoninHo'in wrote:
spacefox wrote:

Thats not a fuckin direct quote idiot I just pulled that excuse out of my ass because it makes sense. You add players > you need more vehicles to accommodate the extra players > vehicles also take quite a bit of bandwith although not as much as players obviously.
Back to top Go down
DGAF
Homosexual male
DGAF

PostSubject: Re: BF3 fact sheet released   BF3 fact sheet released - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 5:27 pm

BC1 > BF3.

Nothing can ever compete w/ crouch walking battles.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: BF3 fact sheet released   BF3 fact sheet released - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 5:28 pm

spacefox wrote:
RoninHo'in wrote:
spacefox wrote:

Thats not a fuckin direct quote idiot I just pulled that excuse out of my ass because it makes sense. You add players > you need more vehicles to accommodate the extra players > vehicles also take quite a bit of bandwith although not as much as players obviously.

Yah, you add players, you need more bandwidth.

BUT you can add more vehicles without adding more players.
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

PostSubject: Re: BF3 fact sheet released   BF3 fact sheet released - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 5:28 pm

Get on chat fags.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BF3 fact sheet released   BF3 fact sheet released - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BF3 fact sheet released
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2