Gametanamo Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for degenerates to shoot shit about their favorite hobby

HomeHomepageLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Alpha Impressions

Go down 
+15
xXJon2011Xx
VILE
Alyss
FFigh
Skreshavik
the_Fetophagist
Eradicated
DTECH
GorillazInm1st
St NickelStew
RoninHo'in
spacefox
Fido
Hawk
xALIENAx
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
xALIENAx
Completely Sane and Normal Individual
xALIENAx

Alpha Impressions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alpha Impressions   Alpha Impressions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 2:44 am

Hawk wrote:

If you lone wolf, but are an extreme badass you do not deserve to fail.
If you have the ability to not use tactics and just go in and rape everyone you do not deserve to fail.

You should not "just go in and rape" This is not TDM. Conquest should Be about flags first, kills second. Capping bases should give not only Ticket advantage (proportional to % of flags held) but each base should offer up something valuable, A chopper, a tank or two, even a jet on big maps. One man does not fight an army on his own, this isn't a rambo movie. gtf over it.

An average team that works well together should dominate a team with a few Top skill individuals who run around solo and do not cooperate as a team.

Like i said all these one man army CoD types need to nick the fuck off and leave BF alone. BF should be about teamwork and tactics first, Individual skill second.
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Impressions   Alpha Impressions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 3:27 am

There is no team to co-operate when playing with randoms. They're mentally retarded. Every time I pair up with a random group, it's like being gassed by condensed stupid.

That's why I solo flag nodes or single-handedly detroy/save the MCOM, because it's not only impractical, but stupid to depend on a team who's only tactics expand to "run into a hail of bullets" or "run into a hail of bullets until the tickets run out" or "run into the tank head-first for the 50'th time."
Back to top Go down
FFigh
Property of Gametanamo
FFigh

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Impressions   Alpha Impressions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 9:08 am

I'm in the alpha too and I'm gonna put it this way: If you liked BC2, you will like BF3 - If you hated BC2, you will hate BF3.

...But it's too early to say, we don't know all the features in the game yet, we've seen only one MP map and it's rush with one APC etc etc.
Back to top Go down
DTECH
Master of Facts, Factual Evidence, and Facts
DTECH

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Impressions   Alpha Impressions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 11:04 am

FFigh wrote:
I'm in the alpha too and I'm gonna put it this way: If you liked BC2, you will like BF3 - If you hated BC2, you will hate BF3.

...But it's too early to say, we don't know all the features in the game yet, we've seen only one MP map and it's rush with one APC etc etc.

Blehh rush, why the fuck do they alpha/beta rush?

Is it layed out like a BC2 rush map, i.e. choke point central?
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Impressions   Alpha Impressions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 11:56 am

Well fuck. That's about the worst thing you could've told me FFigh. Now what. I wasn't looking forward to buying it either, but now I gotta choose between Modern Warfail 2 and BC3.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Impressions   Alpha Impressions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 12:47 pm

FFigh wrote:

Kinda what I figured....

Tho Aliena... 64player conquest automatically takes away any possibility of a 1 man army.

24 player game... yah, you can solo a game if you work your ass off enough.

I do agree that CQ should offer up more valuable resources for holding bases.... have artillery at a base, more tanks and other vehicles. Make them more defensible with more emplacements... etc

But we haven't seen CQ yet so.....

oh... and what's wrong with hard-core? Seriously? It really is the more tactical mode to play if that's what you're looking for... I usually don't play it cause you really do need a squad in hard-core or get really lucky with objective-minded random squad mates.... and most of my friends aren't HC fans
Back to top Go down
FFigh
Property of Gametanamo
FFigh

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Impressions   Alpha Impressions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 12:56 pm

I kinda started liking HC and play it mostly on weekends with Yazworm and Wanton, mainly because there's no fucking triangles and people drop fast.
Back to top Go down
FFigh
Property of Gametanamo
FFigh

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Impressions   Alpha Impressions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 12:59 pm

@ DTECH
Well it's urban paris, it's bound to have some chokepoints but there's quite a few paths to take... It isn't like Port Valdez where you can just park a tank in the middle of the road and nothing gets through.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Impressions   Alpha Impressions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 1:10 pm

FFigh wrote:
@ DTECH
Well it's urban paris, it's bound to have some chokepoints but there's quite a few paths to take... It isn't like Port Valdez where you can just park a tank in the middle of the road and nothing gets through.

thank god....

I don't mind funneled action to an extent.... but the choke from base 2 to 3 was fuckin stupid.

actually, choke from 1 to 2 was fuckin stupid too.....

at least 3 to 4 had the side route up the back

Back to top Go down
Eradicated
Murderous Crack Fiend
Eradicated

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Impressions   Alpha Impressions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 2:03 pm

If you want choke points, look no further than Vantage point.

One road, one hill, get to B or GTFO.
Back to top Go down
DTECH
DTECH

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Impressions   Alpha Impressions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 3:17 pm

FFigh wrote:
@ DTECH

Thats good, I expect it to a degree on an urban map, but anything non urban shouldnt be filled with choke points, fuck I may actually like to play rush again....

Post up some more observations, likes/dislikes plox.... after you have played it longer
Back to top Go down
FFigh
Property of Gametanamo
FFigh

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Impressions   Alpha Impressions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 8:05 am

I don't want to go into small details about the game but:

The "If you like BC2, you'll like BF3" and vice versa statement is a bit false. It doesn't feel like BC1, BF2, BC2 or CoD... It's a new game and I really can't say if someone will like it or not before they've tried it... So Fido, I recommend trying the beta or demo before deciding if you're buying it.

The damage level is more CoD than BC2, you die pretty fast.

The visual style is "more realistic" than BC1 or BC2 had (I rike it)... The game just looks more believeable than BC1/BC2 did and it doesn't have that "playground" feel to it.

The hitboxes have IMO improved alot from BC2.

You wont get stuck on shit thanks to the "vault over waist high obstacles" feature and strafing
Back to top Go down
DTECH
DTECH

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Impressions   Alpha Impressions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 12:10 pm

FFigh wrote:

The "If you like BC2, you'll like BF3" and vice versa statement is a bit false. It doesn't feel like BC1, BF2, BC2 or CoD... It's a new game and I really can't say if someone will like it or not before they've tried it... So Fido, I recommend trying the beta or demo before deciding if you're buying it.

The visual style is "more realistic" than BC1 or BC2 had (I rike it)... The game just looks more believeable than BC1/BC2 did and it doesn't have that "playground" feel to it.

You wont get stuck on shit thanks to the "vault over waist high obstacles" feature and strafing

The best news so far in red

Thanks, its sounding pretty fucking good then even being an Alpha

Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Impressions   Alpha Impressions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 2:15 pm

FFigh wrote:

That's all really good news. Damage level being raised is great so you can't do the typical BC1/BC2 strategy "Get shot, take 10 seconds to turn around, and kill them" anymore.

From what I saw on the videos the graphics still sucked. I played BC2 a bit yesterday and we were just disgusted at how ugly the game is.

And at the hitboxes and how slow it is and the clumsy controls. It feels like in BC2 you have to strangle your controller just to turn around and aim at something.

Strafing's always a good thing, I don't know why the fuck they haven't bothered to put that in before. Seriously.

But no matter how bad it looks to me I'll still get it, that's been decided for a long time. Question is am I gonna be sick of it before the game's even a week old like BC2?
Back to top Go down
Alyss
The Hanged Woman
Alyss

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Impressions   Alpha Impressions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 1:06 am

xALIENAx wrote:
I want a complex game with a steep learning curve
Why?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AlyssSilence
xALIENAx
xALIENAx

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Impressions   Alpha Impressions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 5:12 am

Alyss wrote:
Why?
Because the stupid people quit playing quickly. That means more fun for us who actually play with tactics and put in some damn effort each round.
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Impressions   Alpha Impressions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 6:32 am

Luckily, shitty players who think they've got some skills, like you, keep playing for a long time, trying feebly to convince themselves they're good.

Lets the rest of us keep our nice k/ds.
Back to top Go down
xALIENAx
xALIENAx

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Impressions   Alpha Impressions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 6:53 am

Fido wrote:
Luckily, shitty players who think they've got some skills, like you, keep playing for a long time, trying feebly to convince themselves they're good.

Lets the rest of us keep our nice k/ds
Alpha Impressions - Page 2 2710084604
You used to be cool- Untill SiC broke up then you went to the dark side and joind the CoD kiddies. Fortunately they'll always be those of us Storming flags and making sure the enemy isn't using our own vehicles against us why you people worry 'bout "keeping your nice K/ds".
Back to top Go down
VILE
God Damn Mother Fucking VILE
VILE

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Impressions   Alpha Impressions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 2:01 pm

I hate k/d whores and elitist tacticalist warfarists. I play to win and I don't care if you're on board with that or not...Clan battles is when teamwork should matter, Clan support and everyone would be happy no?

well everyone except a belgian emo...
Back to top Go down
xALIENAx
xALIENAx

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Impressions   Alpha Impressions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 2:04 pm

VILE wrote:
I hate k/d whores and elitist tacticalist warfarists. I play to win and I don't care if you're on board with that or not...Clan battles is when teamwork should matter, Clan support and everyone would be happy no?

well everyone except a belgian emo...
Now if they would force my random teammates to think the same way every thing would be cool.
Back to top Go down
xXJon2011Xx
Unrestrained Psychotic Stalker
xXJon2011Xx

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Impressions   Alpha Impressions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 5:58 pm

BF3 would only fail if it was a copy of BF2. The core game is evolving for the better.
How does suppression effects, (hopefully squad commands) lower the threshold?
You've only played Alpha. You WILL BUY BF3 and you know it.
Back to top Go down
VILE
VILE

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Impressions   Alpha Impressions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 6:17 pm

xXJon2011Xx wrote:
BF3 would only fail if it was a copy of BF2. The core game is evolving for the better.
How does suppression effects, (hopefully squad commands) lower the threshold?
You've only played Alpha. You WILL BUY BF3 and you know it.

That could be there marketing slogan, no posters, no adverts, just that simple sentence...or maybe;

You WILL BUY BF3 and you FUCKING know it CHUMP!
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Impressions   Alpha Impressions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 6:19 pm

With a picture of the devs pointing and laughing at the camera.
Back to top Go down
VILE
VILE

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Impressions   Alpha Impressions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 6:43 pm

Fido wrote:
With a picture of the devs pointing and laughing at the camera.

yeah, make it the free poster...and as the game instructions, just have a sell by date, or a sell buy date.
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Impressions   Alpha Impressions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 6:52 pm

What do you mean as the game instructions?
You mean like put the controls on it? Seems like a waste of a poster. "Touch left thumbstick to get frustratingly stuck on grass"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Impressions   Alpha Impressions - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alpha Impressions
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next