Gametanamo Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for degenerates to shoot shit about their favorite hobby

HomeHomepageLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Anybody here have Crysis 2?

Go down 
+7
Daedra
xXJon2011Xx
GnarlyBromance
Alyss
DGAF
RoninHo'in
AmPLiFiKaTioN
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
AmPLiFiKaTioN
Astro Jesus
AmPLiFiKaTioN

Anybody here have Crysis 2? Empty
PostSubject: Anybody here have Crysis 2?   Anybody here have Crysis 2? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 4:14 pm

Thinking about buying it, and the reviews I've read/seen (a good one here: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-crysis-2/712014) make it out to be a pretty good game.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here have Crysis 2?   Anybody here have Crysis 2? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 5:57 pm

hmm, I might rent it... I was going to pass, but it looks better then Homefront in some ways (excepting only player count, which doesn't seem worth it in homefront)
Back to top Go down
DGAF
Homosexual male
DGAF

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here have Crysis 2?   Anybody here have Crysis 2? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 6:11 pm

I heard the invisibility is game breaking and extreme rage inducing. Like Ghost Pro and Ninja Pro but you cant see them at all. Purchase at your own risk.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here have Crysis 2?   Anybody here have Crysis 2? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 6:27 pm

Well, everyone has it, and there are perks which help fight it...

Like one that outlines people who cloak for a few seconds, letting you gun them down.

Hitting someone in cloak, breaks their cloak.

Cloak, Armor, Sprint, and Super Jump all use the same energy bar... doing anything prevents it from recharging and resets the recharge counter.

Attacking in cloak insta-drains all your energy, so you need to decloak, then shoot, which adds a small delay... BTW, the best way to do this is to just pop armor.... switch from stealth to combat mode in 1 move.

Armor makes you move slower though.

Everyone has it... so it's balanced.

Biggest flaws IMO is that it is mostly just TDM/HQ gameplay... the other modes sound more unbalanced. (like 1 team with nanosuits and the other with better weapons??? wtf, it's ALL about the nanosuit... I'll pass) and it's limited to 8v8... however the super sprint and super leaps does change things a bit.... makes me long for brink actually... it has a slide move too.
Back to top Go down
Alyss
The Hanged Woman
Alyss

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here have Crysis 2?   Anybody here have Crysis 2? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 7:15 pm

The demo for Crysis 2 was so bad I really can't allow myself to buy it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AlyssSilence
GnarlyBromance
Admin
GnarlyBromance

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here have Crysis 2?   Anybody here have Crysis 2? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 7:45 pm

The single player is apparently very good. The first one had great single player as well.

I think I have been persuaded to get it simply to play through and continue the crysis story.

Here is TotalBiscuits initial take on it....his Homefront review was funny, he ripped it a new one

Back to top Go down
http://www.gametanamo.com
GnarlyBromance
Admin
GnarlyBromance

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here have Crysis 2?   Anybody here have Crysis 2? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 12:13 am

I am playing through the single player, and while it isn't quite as open as the first, it is really quite fun. Maybe more fun than the first. The gunplay, and tactical options are addicting in every encounter. The overall premise is awesome....watching NYC Crumble in front of you is amazing and the graphics...holy hell...not even DX11 yet, but maxed out in DX9 it is freaking....jaw dropping. My jaw literally dropped for a few sections with how amazingly awesome they looked...

Multiplayer is fun, but kind of quirky in some ways. I hope some of the issues/bugs get smoothed out
Back to top Go down
xXJon2011Xx
Unrestrained Psychotic Stalker
xXJon2011Xx

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here have Crysis 2?   Anybody here have Crysis 2? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 4:58 am

Crysis 2 has an average of 9/10 on reviews, I'll be getting it soon.
Back to top Go down
Daedra
Whilst
Whilst
Daedra

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here have Crysis 2?   Anybody here have Crysis 2? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 8:28 am

I have it but I'm a bit pissed of at Crytek.
No DX11 despite promises that it will be (even though they state it is coming there are rumours that it will only be on Nvidia GPUSs)
Graphics options - Gamer -> Advanced -> WookieMode.... really? REALLY? They could mean fudge anything, any of them could apply to anything.
SP not as good, far too easy and not as balanced as Crysis 1. In C1 you used to have to hide from bloody everything, not just storm in there as a super invincible was machine. The powers used to augment your attack, not make you rely on them.
Still can't use my mycrysis e-mail address and scared to assign my keycode to an email address i dont wan't it associated with.
"Press enter to start"
Back to top Go down
GnarlyBromance
Admin
GnarlyBromance

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here have Crysis 2?   Anybody here have Crysis 2? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 10:49 am

I downloaded a mod that lets me tweak all the graphics options without editing the file myself.

http://www.fpstime.com/2011/03/crysis-2-a-mod-to-customize-your-graphics/

This

Also, what difficulty are you playing on? I find Hard (veteran?) to be quite challenging, with good AI.

My only problem is that there are some linear, scripted sections. However IMO, the actual gameplay is more addicting than Crysis 1. The easier suit mechanics, the streamlined speed/power options, all work much better.

Right now Crossfire isnt working, but I still get 30 FPS with everything maxed on one card (weird flickering lights bug with Crossfire and SLI that they are working on).

I cant see how DX11 would only be on Nvidia. The rumor i have seen is that they just withheld it for the launch of the GTX 590 or something. How could they limit it to a certain driver? Once it is patched in, it is patched in....Plus do you realize the shit storm that would cause in the PC community? especially since AMD has been gaining ground with DX11 cards?

Back to top Go down
Daedra
Whilst
Whilst
Daedra

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here have Crysis 2?   Anybody here have Crysis 2? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 12:28 pm

I just finished it, playing on second from hardest difficulty and I found it a bit of a cakewalk. Started limiting myself to harder tactics and weapons.

Crossfire was working fine for me, no flickering at all

I know it would cause a shitstorm, and it is only a rumour. Still think it is bloody ridiculous to withhold a feature just for a sodding graphics card.
Back to top Go down
GnarlyBromance
Admin
GnarlyBromance

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here have Crysis 2?   Anybody here have Crysis 2? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 1:34 pm

TOMORROW!!

http://www.gamersmint.com/crysis-2-directx-11-support-and-advanced-graphics-setting-pc-update-coming-tomorrow
Back to top Go down
Daedra
Whilst
Whilst
Daedra

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here have Crysis 2?   Anybody here have Crysis 2? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 2:12 pm

Thank god...
Back to top Go down
FFigh
Property of Gametanamo
FFigh

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here have Crysis 2?   Anybody here have Crysis 2? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 10:49 am

Traded Homefront (shit) and Dead Space 2 (finished it twice) for Crysis 2 LE... Got it for free and I even got a gift token and a 1 year warranty for the game.

I'm playing it on the supersoldier difficulty and it's IMO really easy (thanks to the tactical choices you get).

For anyone on the Xbox 360: Get it, it's probably the best looking Xbox 360 game, the SP is good, the MP is playable... Why not? I'm really amazed that they pulled off such graphics with the Xbox 360, sure, the MP graphics are a bit toned down but the SP looks great (INB4 "Waawaa DX11waa"
Back to top Go down
GnarlyBromance
Admin
GnarlyBromance

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here have Crysis 2?   Anybody here have Crysis 2? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 11:17 am

FFigh wrote:
Traded Homefront (shit) and Dead Space 2 (finished it twice) for Crysis 2 LE... Got it for free and I even got a gift token and a 1 year warranty for the game.

I'm playing it on the supersoldier difficulty and it's IMO really easy (thanks to the tactical choices you get).

For anyone on the Xbox 360: Get it, it's probably the best looking Xbox 360 game, the SP is good, the MP is playable... Why not? I'm really amazed that they pulled off such graphics with the Xbox 360, sure, the MP graphics are a bit toned down but the SP looks great (INB4 "Waawaa DX11waa"

This funny thing is for me....Yes, Crysis 2 is a solid game and I am greatly enjoying it, HOWEVER, in comparison to Crysis 1 it really is a step back in the single player at least. The enemy AI is not as advanced or fun to mess around with as the first, and they traded large sprawling, choose-your-own-path environments and objectives with sort of little micro-casm encounters. Yes it still gives you some freedom, but it is more like Halo 1 freedom. Here are some enemies, in a somewhat wide City area....deal with them how you please. Crysis 1 I would take one objective 10 different ways and it would never get old. In crysis 2 I am limited to 3 ways really....it is still choice but a step back.

Let me also state that yes, being in NYC and not a jungle limits it....but why? Why cant I have a large city area with multiple streets and blocks with multiple ways to complete my objective? Utilize vehicles, perhaps train rails? different paths, roof tops, street levels, A helicopter? Instead we have Crysis 2 giving us options, but still options that are forced at us. The freaking nanovision even TELLS us the strategy points of each encounter!!

I do like the streamlining of the suit powers. Quick buttons for cloak and armor, with power and speed being built in is rather nice. That is a change I can support!

Yes, I am having fun, but it will in no means have the replay value that the original Crysis had. I would spend hours in Crysis just driving boats around, or picking off people from a distance...or throwing Crabs and enemies, or predatoring them from the water. My options were nearly limitless. Should I sneak in and place some explosives on a hut filled with Koreans then get out and blow up the hut? should I sit on a nearby hill and snipe some guys? Should I Drive a Hummer into their base and go for a all in approach? Sneak around the back and take out the soldier taking a piss behind their base? Play cat and mouse with my stealth and mess with the enemy? I could go on with the option I had in Crysis 1. Crysis 2 gives me like 3 options for every encounter, and they are told to me in my zoomed visor.

And yes, I agree...the optimization of the Cry3 engine is amazing! On PC even it runs far more efficiently than Crysis 1 and Crysis: Warhead. They did however use some things to hide issues. There is less AA used, traded for more motion blur effects. (this may change with the DX11 graphics patch). I am amazed that this can run as well as it does on the range of PCs it does (as well as on Xbox). This gives me more hope for Frostbite 2 on consoles, because the theme for that is optimization as well.

Back to top Go down
Eradicated
Murderous Crack Fiend
Eradicated

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here have Crysis 2?   Anybody here have Crysis 2? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 1:10 pm

im actually enjoying it aswell, havent touched MP yet but the SP is amazing, considering the ammount of crap that gets chucked out in the console FPS market. maps arent exactly Crysis 1/Far Cry sized, but compared to the rest of the market with its tight one way corridor levels with cutscenes every 5 meters, its a bresh of fresh air. I too am surprised by the graphics. Ive noticed a bit of framerate drop on the PS3 version every now and then, but for the most of it runs very well.

6 vs 6 sounds lame as hell, but maybe it might work with the TDM-style gameplay.
Back to top Go down
FFigh
Property of Gametanamo
FFigh

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here have Crysis 2?   Anybody here have Crysis 2? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 11:29 am

I'm only rank 19 in the MP and finally I'm starting to get a hang of it. "Success" in the MP is all about wise usage of the suit powers, my K/D was like 0.8 when I started and I was getting my ass handed to me, now my K/D is 1.99 and it's rising (but still isn't good IMO, my friend reached 4.0 yesterday, he's rank 41 lol).

The MP can be really frustrating thanks to the (sometimes) weird hit detection (point blank shots don't count) and "1-2 bar connection when the rest of the players have 3-4 bars" phenomenon that seems to plague most if not all new MP games.
Back to top Go down
Eradicated
Murderous Crack Fiend
Eradicated

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here have Crysis 2?   Anybody here have Crysis 2? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 5:39 am

Yeah im slowly getting the hang of it. One thing that surprised me is that how few people there are that camp snipe with stealth. Sure you get them in everygame, but its never more than 1-2 people, unlike BC2 which features entire battalions of wookies going at each other with x12 scopes.

MP is definitely a CoD4 clone with some Crysis bits thrown in, which I suppose is is a good thing, seeing as thought that one was actually fun and didnt have have all the shit in it that ruined Modern Warfail 2.

Its enough to be a distraction, and all in all, considering I paid only £20 for C2, its money well spent.

I could of practically got it for free if I traded in BO, but they wouldnt accept it without the fudge manual.

oh and, Unmounted HEAVY MG + Armour Mode = LOL
Back to top Go down
AmPLiFiKaTioN
Astro Jesus
AmPLiFiKaTioN

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here have Crysis 2?   Anybody here have Crysis 2? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 8:24 pm

Don't buy it. I did... and I regret it.

Worst part is Gamestop won't let me trade it in because I'm under 18, and my parents are lazy fucks who won't sit in a car for a 5 minute ride to Gamestop. I even offered to drive them using my car with gas I paid for.
Back to top Go down
FFigh
Property of Gametanamo
FFigh

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here have Crysis 2?   Anybody here have Crysis 2? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 4:59 am

It got stale really fast... Haven't played it in over a week. The SP is worth one playthrough and the MP (even though CoDish) gets boring before you reach rank 20.

Trading it in for either Portal 2 or Brink.
Back to top Go down
ShowyAsh
Midget
ShowyAsh

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here have Crysis 2?   Anybody here have Crysis 2? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 10:53 am

^Hahahah....."but the graphics;the graphics!" I ascertained this fact from the demo. Its a pretty game, but the gameplay just aint there. Its what Halo should have been, but it still gets boring fast.
Back to top Go down
xXJon2011Xx
xXJon2011Xx

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here have Crysis 2?   Anybody here have Crysis 2? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 5:21 pm

I bought it recently and love it. I never should of bought Homefront. That was a huge mistake.
Back to top Go down
AmPLiFiKaTioN
Astro Jesus
AmPLiFiKaTioN

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here have Crysis 2?   Anybody here have Crysis 2? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 5:48 pm

I traded it for Homefront... lol
Back to top Go down
xXJon2011Xx
xXJon2011Xx

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here have Crysis 2?   Anybody here have Crysis 2? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 11:26 am

AmPLiFiKaTioN wrote:
I traded it for Homefront... lol
I wish they would've made a Frontlines sequel instead of Homefront.
Back to top Go down
Demented_barbie
Top Sniper
Demented_barbie

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here have Crysis 2?   Anybody here have Crysis 2? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 5:49 pm

Used to have it but traded it in. Got tired of the cloaked snipers everywhere. The SP was pretty good though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here have Crysis 2?   Anybody here have Crysis 2? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anybody here have Crysis 2?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gametanamo Gaming Community :: Games :: Gaming-
Jump to: