Gametanamo Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for degenerates to shoot shit about their favorite hobby

HomeHomepageLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Battlefield 3: the resurgence of this site?

Go down 
+5
Yoshi
Derozero
spacefox
Fido
GnarlyBromance
9 posters
AuthorMessage
GnarlyBromance
Admin
GnarlyBromance

Battlefield 3: the resurgence of this site? Empty
PostSubject: Battlefield 3: the resurgence of this site?   Battlefield 3: the resurgence of this site? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 8:08 pm

I guess it is time to make public what I mentioned in the staff are; I am going to be re-skinning and re-organizing this forum for a battlefield 3 focus. Don't worry, we will still have areas to discuss other games, as well as the barracks and spammy ashtray. I just feel we need to focus this community again to gain any traction and any new members. Any community needs some common ground for discussion and to rally behind, I feel that Battlefield 3 will be this.

Next week I am going to reskin/reorganize the site...ill let you know when it will be done. When it is tell me if it sucks and ill take any suggestions to make it better.

- Bromance out

EDIT: also, come to think of it...(i know this could go either way) but I am going to work on moving this site again using Joomla (http://www.joomla.org/) they give me a 30 day trial with free hosting and such for 30 days. I am going to try it out and see if I can get it up with a main page for BF3 news, as well as a functioning forum (like this one). If it sucks I just cancel the 30 day trial and life goes on with this forum on this site....

And again, this will all be next week when I have some free time (my spring break)

Last edited by GnarlyBromance on Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:11 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.gametanamo.com
Fido
emo
Fido

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3: the resurgence of this site?   Battlefield 3: the resurgence of this site? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 8:11 pm

What an unexpected twist!
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3: the resurgence of this site?   Battlefield 3: the resurgence of this site? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 8:40 pm

Gnarly, I'll help whatever way I can. Just let me know what you need done.
Back to top Go down
Derozero
Property of Gametanamo
Derozero

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3: the resurgence of this site?   Battlefield 3: the resurgence of this site? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 8:40 pm

Fido wrote:
What an unexpected twist!
What an unexpected comment... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Yoshi
Gutman with a gat
Yoshi

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3: the resurgence of this site?   Battlefield 3: the resurgence of this site? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 9:14 pm

Derozero wrote:

What an unexpected comment... Rolling Eyes
What an unexpected quote!
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3: the resurgence of this site?   Battlefield 3: the resurgence of this site? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 12:03 am

What a waste of bandwidth.
Back to top Go down
sPurMiN_gErMin
Lederhosen
sPurMiN_gErMin

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3: the resurgence of this site?   Battlefield 3: the resurgence of this site? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 7:28 am

You all suck. Basketball
Back to top Go down
Alyss
The Hanged Woman
Alyss

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3: the resurgence of this site?   Battlefield 3: the resurgence of this site? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 7:57 pm

ll cool j
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AlyssSilence
VILE
God Damn Mother Fucking VILE
VILE

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3: the resurgence of this site?   Battlefield 3: the resurgence of this site? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 9:05 pm

thank fudge somebody is doing something..
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3: the resurgence of this site?   Battlefield 3: the resurgence of this site? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 11:31 pm

It's only the 4th or 5th rebirth of this forum and it always settles back exactly how it is now. We gain some members who stay, lose some who never come back. In the end it stays the same.

BO didn't change it, changing to fullblown game site didn't change it, now BF3 probably won't change it. Guess if it keeps you busy you might as well keep going.

I think the forum'd be better going back to the ultra-simplified way it was before, but that's just me. 3 categories... 9 boards or so. Can have 1 thread per lesser game (DA2, etc), not like they're discussed in more than one thread and it's not like we need 5 boards for 5 types of games with 2 active threads each... there can be 10-20 active threads in each board and it'd look a lot sleeker.

(-)Official
--News, Announcements, Rules, etc
--Treehouse
(-)Gaming
--Battlefield Series using [BC2] or [BF3] before posts since people wills top talking about BC2 soon enough and BF3 will take that whole board over
--CoD section same as BF series board
--Other Games (1 thread per game or so)
--Videos & Media
(-)Other
--Barracks
--Spammy Ashtray
--Thrascan (why not spammy? why not let threads die in their own board?)
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3: the resurgence of this site?   Battlefield 3: the resurgence of this site? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 11:37 pm

Fido wrote:
--Thrascan
Not trying to criticize you or anything, but were you trying to say something hip or is this a trainwreck of English?
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3: the resurgence of this site?   Battlefield 3: the resurgence of this site? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 11:44 pm

It's a typo. Typos happen occasionally.
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3: the resurgence of this site?   Battlefield 3: the resurgence of this site? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 11:46 pm

Have to agree Fido, but its worth trying. Like your ideas.
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3: the resurgence of this site?   Battlefield 3: the resurgence of this site? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 11:53 pm

Fido wrote:
It's a typo. Typos happen occasionally.
That is one fudge up typo then.
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3: the resurgence of this site?   Battlefield 3: the resurgence of this site? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 12:15 am

Thrashcan? I leffed out a H stop bieng so anul.
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3: the resurgence of this site?   Battlefield 3: the resurgence of this site? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 12:16 am

SpaceFox wrote:
Have to agree Fido, but its worth trying. Like your ideas.

Already been tried, remember? Got reset in like a week. Mods got bored or something. Minimalism works with sites and forums, complexity always makes it less fun to use. And in this forum's case, makes it harder to find one of the 5 threads that might be active.
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3: the resurgence of this site?   Battlefield 3: the resurgence of this site? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 12:29 am

Fido wrote:
Thrashcan? I leffed out a H stop bieng so anul.
See my signature? That is what I fear will happen to our current generation. A bunch of retarded, inbred apes who can't even function on a basic level, let alone speak coherently. I could eat alphabetical soup, vomit it up, and still spell better than the YouTube population.
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3: the resurgence of this site?   Battlefield 3: the resurgence of this site? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 1:10 am

Lots of that bad sentence structure you see all over the internet comes from people who don't speak English from birth, though.

As for me, I pretty much type as I speak, sentence structure and syntax and so on is secondary to that, and sometimes I drink so I stop caring about punctuation and capitalization so much. Good thing about English is that you can mix it up a lot without making an actually broken sentence... might just be a bit awkward or hard to understand.

But anyway. I had a brilliant pic of some Youtube comments a year or two ago about people arguing CoD & BF. Complete with everything including funny names of 10 year olds, insults to mothers, awful grammar, and all caps. Was like the motherlode in 10 or 15 comments. I might be able to find it if I log into my Windows compartment again.
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3: the resurgence of this site?   Battlefield 3: the resurgence of this site? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 1:49 am

I would be greatly appreciative if said pics were received/posted. I also understand that if English isn't your first language, there's going to be quite the grammar/spelling errors.

But seriously, I hate people
Battlefield 3: the resurgence of this site? Herpderpi
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3: the resurgence of this site?   Battlefield 3: the resurgence of this site? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 8:28 pm

Wat happen
Back to top Go down
GnarlyBromance
Admin
GnarlyBromance

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3: the resurgence of this site?   Battlefield 3: the resurgence of this site? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 10:56 am

sorry, I ended up being busy over break two. This semester is killing me...I wont have time to do what I said I would.

If another admin wants to spearhead it be my guest
Back to top Go down
http://www.gametanamo.com
Fido
emo
Fido

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3: the resurgence of this site?   Battlefield 3: the resurgence of this site? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 1:21 pm

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWW KSHBOOMASDEFAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH AH GOD HELP AAAAAAAH WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH.

That's the sound of a plane wreck.

Here's the steps to victory:

1. Simplify
2. Remove classes of members (just guest v member v mods etc, not guests and 2 classes of member access)
3. Enable anyone to post on the News board

And voila, success gotten.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3: the resurgence of this site?   Battlefield 3: the resurgence of this site? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Battlefield 3: the resurgence of this site?
Page 1 of 1