A place for degenerates to shoot shit about their favorite hobby
 
HomeHomepageFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Battlefield is dead

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
DTECH
Master of Facts, Factual Evidence, and Facts
avatar

Posts : 4541
Points : 4745
Reputation : -115
Join date : 2010-03-19
Location : Here

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield is dead   Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:46 pm

spacefox wrote:
DTECH wrote:


Lol another $45 for a half finished broken turd (PS3)

Pass....
Lol I love how he says "all for $45", as if $45 for DLC is cheap.

I paid 30 bucks for the game, brand new Limited Edition. I find it hilarious Ronin that you consider 45 bucks for 12 maps a good deal. Way to milk the cash cow.

Well to be fair you bought the game late hence the $30 you paid for it and if the game was playable, I would have bought both map packs since the game (or rather what the working game should have been) is good overall

Oh well thats $90 dollars less DICE cockmonkeys will get from us at least

gut wrote:
Way to milk a dick faggot. You couldnt say anything that made sense at all until dtech made a good point. Youre hating just to be hating.

-1.

But youre at least doing better than dtech, who earned himself a nice -30 DNP for existing this week.

Cheers old chap

GnarlyBromance wrote:
spacefox wrote:

YOU JUST DONT UNDERSTAND ME Sad

But really though, fuck you. I made plenty of sense, you assholes are just too blind and willing to fork over more money on a broken game to realize it.

And I hadn't even read Ronin's tl;dr until after DTECH replied to it. Yeah he made a good point, and you just agreed with that, so does that make you a dick milker also?

no, it goes along with entitlement in the game industry. You also went into the game with a huge negative pre-disposition. it is a game, enjoy it.

Spoken like a fucking game developer I guess that is the term that is used to brush off people that have issues with the game "entitlement" lol GTFO

If that is the case though, was I not entitled to have a properly working game that was playable since I paid my $70 bucks for the game? Or is that me just being all uppity and an entitled cunt?

spacefox wrote:
CptnShotgun wrote:


Call anyone that doesn't agree with you "blind". Impeccable logic.

I'm not willing to pay for the DLC, but not because I don't like it. I'm not willing to pay because I don't play it enough to warrant the extra money. It doesn't ruin the game, PC gamers can filter out the maps anyway, so I don't see the issue. It's not me being blind, now stop tarring everyone with the same brush because they disagree with you. Either admit your argument was a weak one or come up with a decent retort, not "HURR DURR UR TOO BLIND TO SEE WHAT I SEE".
I forgot what my argument was.

You win this one, Shitgun.

Get it right fucktard its Shitnun
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
avatar

Posts : 5996
Points : 6333
Reputation : 55
Join date : 2010-04-30
Age : 27
Location : California/Oregon

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield is dead   Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:20 pm

DTECH wrote:
If that is the case though, was I not entitled to have a properly working game that was playable since I paid my $70 bucks for the game? Or is that me just being all uppity and an entitled cunt?
Except yours is a legitimate case. Spacefox just...well, painted a broad arc over every platform and decreed it shit without even thinking about what was spilling out of his mouth.
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker


Posts : 4915
Points : 5512
Reputation : -9
Join date : 2010-03-19
Age : 23
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield is dead   Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:54 pm

Skreshavik wrote:
DTECH wrote:
If that is the case though, was I not entitled to have a properly working game that was playable since I paid my $70 bucks for the game? Or is that me just being all uppity and an entitled cunt?
Except yours is a legitimate case. Spacefox just...well, painted a broad arc over every platform and decreed it shit without even thinking about what was spilling out of his mouth.
Honestly, tell me what is so retarded about what I said.

Do you guys simply not agree that DICE has strayed from the roots of Battlefield? I feel that's what they've done, placing more focus on appealing to the Call of Duty audience and using statistics such as Metro being the most popular to determine their release schedule/priorities.

I get it, they want to appeal to everybody. I get it, the last map pack we got had large maps and were fan service to BF2 players. But it's just not reassuring to think that they would dedicate an entire "expansion" to maps of this little scale, when Battlefield is all about large battles. And for the CoD crowd, that's what Team Deathmatch is for. It's not like when they release large maps, they don't come with small TDM versions.

Also, let me correct myself. Close Quarters releases in June, Armored Kill in the Fall. It's good that they're supporting it for this long, but going 8 months (December - Fall) without any new large maps is gonna drive a lot of players away.

_________________
Back to top Go down
GnarlyBromance
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1838
Points : 2266
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2010-03-19
Age : 29
Location : Austin, TX

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield is dead   Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:34 pm



This was a BF2 expansion that focused on close combat... Don't tell me they are getting away from the franchise

_________________
-The Establishment-

Back to top Go down
http://www.gametanamo.com
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
avatar

Posts : 5996
Points : 6333
Reputation : 55
Join date : 2010-04-30
Age : 27
Location : California/Oregon

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield is dead   Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:38 pm

BF is a pc game. The bigger crowd is on PC. So naturally, PC concerns > Console concerns.

But here's the problem. CQ is not designed for a 64-player mindset. They're catering to the lower 24-player console count due to the fact that playing on massive maps with such a low player-count is akin to playing on a ghost town (which was pretty much every complaint about the game, ignoring the IRNV and 12-AA complaints.) And not only that, it's still going to have vehicle-orientated maps in it.

You're saying DICE is ignoring everything and just doing their own thing. I see that they're going out of their way to keep the console community afloat instead of saying "fuck it" and keeping the more valuable PC community alive.

_________________
gut wrote:
Skresh is a 20 year old african american homosexual furfag, but hes ALSO... NARNFORNIA, a level 82 nig-elf afro-magician orc slayer in world of warcraft.
Back to top Go down
xXJon2011Xx
Unrestrained Psychotic Stalker
avatar

Posts : 187
Points : 229
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2010-03-23
Age : 24
Location : Missouri

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield is dead   Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:56 pm

GnarlyBromance wrote:


This was a BF2 expansion that focused on close combat... Don't tell me they are getting away from the franchise
I don't think any of those maps were indoors only.
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker


Posts : 4915
Points : 5512
Reputation : -9
Join date : 2010-03-19
Age : 23
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield is dead   Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:20 pm

GnarlyBromance wrote:
--

This was a BF2 expansion that focused on close combat... Don't tell me they are getting away from the franchise
All of those maps had some sort of vehicles and were medium to large sized. For instance, the 16 player version of Devil's Perch:



You cannot compare those maps from BF2:SF to an entirely indoor, tiny map like Ziba Tower.

Skresh, you do realize that BF3 sold more on 360 than on PS3 and PC combined.. right? The bigger crowd is on consoles, and DICE has already stated that consoles were the lead platforms. DICE doesn't put PC concerns above console concerns.

And I don't know about you, but I play on PS3 and I have rarely heard or seen anyone complain about the maps being too small for 24 players. Even on Conquest on the largest maps, the action is always well-paced. I'm not sure why you're saying that's the major complaint among the console crowd, because it really isn't. The people who want to play something more action-packed play Rush and Team Deathmatch, they don't complain about the Conquest maps.

DICE is doing what EA wants them to do, so they can make more money. That includes lowering the threshold and making the game more friendly to the average console player. I'm really surprised you haven't realized that yet.

_________________
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
avatar

Posts : 5996
Points : 6333
Reputation : 55
Join date : 2010-04-30
Age : 27
Location : California/Oregon

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield is dead   Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:47 am

spacefox wrote:
Skresh, you do realize that BF3 sold more on 360 than on PS3 and PC combined.. right? The bigger crowd is on consoles, and DICE has already stated that consoles were the lead platforms. DICE doesn't put PC concerns above console concerns.
Oh yea, and what's your source on this Coffee Cup
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker


Posts : 4915
Points : 5512
Reputation : -9
Join date : 2010-03-19
Age : 23
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield is dead   Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:10 am

Skreshavik wrote:
spacefox wrote:
Skresh, you do realize that BF3 sold more on 360 than on PS3 and PC combined.. right? The bigger crowd is on consoles, and DICE has already stated that consoles were the lead platforms. DICE doesn't put PC concerns above console concerns.
Oh yea, and what's your source on this Coffee Cup
Considering you gave me no sources for your claims... fuck off. Just google it or something, I cba.

_________________
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
avatar

Posts : 5996
Points : 6333
Reputation : 55
Join date : 2010-04-30
Age : 27
Location : California/Oregon

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield is dead   Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:20 am

Sources? I don't need sources. BF is a pc game, there's nothing more to it.

CQC maps don't require sources to figure out that 64 players on them might be a bit...extreme. And with that, I can conclude that DICE is doing the console community a favor. L2logic nub.
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker


Posts : 4915
Points : 5512
Reputation : -9
Join date : 2010-03-19
Age : 23
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield is dead   Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:31 am

Skreshavik wrote:
Sources? I don't need sources. BF is a pc game, there's nothing more to it.

CQC maps don't require sources to figure out that 64 players on them might be a bit...extreme. And with that, I can conclude that DICE is doing the console community a favor. L2logic nub.
BF is a PC game. BF3 is not. See my point?

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/324517/battlefield-3-lead-platform-switched-to-consoles-mid-development/

And hey, use some logic here. There are more people playing on PS3 and 360 than PC... that's just common sense. I shouldnt have to explain it.

_________________
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
avatar

Posts : 5996
Points : 6333
Reputation : 55
Join date : 2010-04-30
Age : 27
Location : California/Oregon

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield is dead   Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:41 am

Oh, I broke his brain and he can't throw out any valid evidence. If you read the article (which you obviously did not,) they stopped tinkering with PC in order to meet the console deadline date.

spacefox wrote:
And hey, use some logic here. There are more people playing on PS3 and 360 than PC... that's just common sense. I shouldnt have to explain it.
You're just butthurt and mad that I called you out on your bullshit, and won't back up anything you say.

_________________
gut wrote:
Skresh is a 20 year old african american homosexual furfag, but hes ALSO... NARNFORNIA, a level 82 nig-elf afro-magician orc slayer in world of warcraft.
Back to top Go down
DTECH
Master of Facts, Factual Evidence, and Facts
avatar

Posts : 4541
Points : 4745
Reputation : -115
Join date : 2010-03-19
Location : Here

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield is dead   Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:48 am

Skreshavik wrote:
DTECH wrote:
If that is the case though, was I not entitled to have a properly working game that was playable since I paid my $70 bucks for the game? Or is that me just being all uppity and an entitled cunt?
Except yours is a legitimate case. Spacefox just...well, painted a broad arc over every platform and decreed it shit without even thinking about what was spilling out of his mouth.

I wish I could have gotten my money back... not so much for the money just for that fact that it wouldnt have went to EA and DICE, I would have rather bought $70 dollars worth of pop tarts and spent a Saturday afternoon throwing them like frisbees at homeless guys
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
avatar

Posts : 5996
Points : 6333
Reputation : 55
Join date : 2010-04-30
Age : 27
Location : California/Oregon

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield is dead   Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:42 pm

I think I would partake in that sport and pay for half of it.

_________________
gut wrote:
Skresh is a 20 year old african american homosexual furfag, but hes ALSO... NARNFORNIA, a level 82 nig-elf afro-magician orc slayer in world of warcraft.
Back to top Go down
bat
Gutman with a gat
avatar

Posts : 5334
Points : 5931
Reputation : 84
Join date : 2010-03-19
Age : 30
Location : A spot.

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield is dead   Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:50 pm

No you wouldnt, because youre poor. You would just mooch off dtech's throwing tarts.
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
avatar

Posts : 5996
Points : 6333
Reputation : 55
Join date : 2010-04-30
Age : 27
Location : California/Oregon

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield is dead   Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:52 pm

Says the one who jizzes all over highpoint.

"UNNNNG CHECK OUT MAH $200 .40 CARBINE NIGGAZ!! IM'A ROB DIS DUM WHITEY OUT IN THE COUNTRY WID DA .30-60."

_________________
gut wrote:
Skresh is a 20 year old african american homosexual furfag, but hes ALSO... NARNFORNIA, a level 82 nig-elf afro-magician orc slayer in world of warcraft.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
avatar

Posts : 8156
Points : 8616
Reputation : 47
Join date : 2010-03-22
Age : 36
Location : Cali baby

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield is dead   Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:53 pm

Shrek works at McD's... he could just grab a box of frozen "burger" patties and fling those frozen projectiles from a speeding car.

_________________
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
avatar

Posts : 5996
Points : 6333
Reputation : 55
Join date : 2010-04-30
Age : 27
Location : California/Oregon

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield is dead   Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:56 pm

The homeless can't eat those w/out dying though.

_________________
gut wrote:
Skresh is a 20 year old african american homosexual furfag, but hes ALSO... NARNFORNIA, a level 82 nig-elf afro-magician orc slayer in world of warcraft.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
avatar

Posts : 8156
Points : 8616
Reputation : 47
Join date : 2010-03-22
Age : 36
Location : Cali baby

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield is dead   Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:59 pm

consider it a mercy and sleep better

_________________
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
avatar

Posts : 5996
Points : 6333
Reputation : 55
Join date : 2010-04-30
Age : 27
Location : California/Oregon

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield is dead   Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:01 pm

I think chucking Vicadin would be a better solution.

_________________
gut wrote:
Skresh is a 20 year old african american homosexual furfag, but hes ALSO... NARNFORNIA, a level 82 nig-elf afro-magician orc slayer in world of warcraft.
Back to top Go down
DTECH
Master of Facts, Factual Evidence, and Facts
avatar

Posts : 4541
Points : 4745
Reputation : -115
Join date : 2010-03-19
Location : Here

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield is dead   Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:11 pm

Skreshavik wrote:
I think I would partake in that sport and pay for half of it.

Paypal me half and we can get started
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
avatar

Posts : 5996
Points : 6333
Reputation : 55
Join date : 2010-04-30
Age : 27
Location : California/Oregon

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield is dead   Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:17 pm

I got banned from Paypal.

_________________
gut wrote:
Skresh is a 20 year old african american homosexual furfag, but hes ALSO... NARNFORNIA, a level 82 nig-elf afro-magician orc slayer in world of warcraft.
Back to top Go down
DTECH
Master of Facts, Factual Evidence, and Facts
avatar

Posts : 4541
Points : 4745
Reputation : -115
Join date : 2010-03-19
Location : Here

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield is dead   Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:30 pm

Skreshavik wrote:
I got banned from Paypal.

They have a policy about accounts actually having some money in them I guess eh

#Lowerclass
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
avatar

Posts : 5996
Points : 6333
Reputation : 55
Join date : 2010-04-30
Age : 27
Location : California/Oregon

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield is dead   Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:35 pm

I dunno, all I know is that they won't accept any cards in my name.

_________________
gut wrote:
Skresh is a 20 year old african american homosexual furfag, but hes ALSO... NARNFORNIA, a level 82 nig-elf afro-magician orc slayer in world of warcraft.
Back to top Go down
bat
Gutman with a gat
avatar

Posts : 5334
Points : 5931
Reputation : 84
Join date : 2010-03-19
Age : 30
Location : A spot.

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield is dead   Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:02 pm

@Skresh: I dont have a hipoint atm faggot.

Go recycle your own pisswater for its salt content, you soda can collecting, cart pushing, bootleg drinking dumpster urchin.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Battlefield is dead   

Back to top Go down
 
Battlefield is dead
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Similar topics
-
» 2 fast 2 dead
» Stat RP Battlefield Problem
» Battlefield Teela bio and packaged photo
» battlefield play 4 free
» Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Pack

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gametanamo Gaming Community :: Games :: Gaming-
Jump to: