Gametanamo Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for degenerates to shoot shit about their favorite hobby

HomeHomepageLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

NFS: The Run

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

NFS: The Run Empty
PostSubject: NFS: The Run   NFS: The Run Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 1:22 pm

Anyone play this at all?

I got it but have noone on my list with any times on any tracks so I'm always #1 on the list Razz

IMO it has a good balance of arcade and realism racing. Has shit for car customization tho, so if that's your thing, Forza/GT are probably your game instead.

Personally I don't feel like thinking about that shit... not a nascar/race fan and all that shit is meaningless to me quite frankly. A selection of cars with different capabilities is good enough for me.

Campaign ain't bad... far from great. Kinda like playing some cheesy street racing movie. Has some good moments, but the story itself is definitely "meh".

Haven't really gotten into online... don't play it enough to be really good... but I imagine I'll hit it sooner or later after finishing all the challenge races so at least my n00b racing ass at least doesn't come in last Razz
Back to top Go down
AmPLiFiKaTioN
Astro Jesus
AmPLiFiKaTioN

PostSubject: Re: NFS: The Run   NFS: The Run Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 4:40 pm

The trailers reminded me of Most Wanted, which was the best NFS game imo; the perfect blend of customization and police interaction. The reviews, however, basically said it was like a corny movie. And from what you're saying, I'm guessing the customization isn't all that great?
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: NFS: The Run   NFS: The Run Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 5:51 pm

no not really...

as I said, if car customization is important to you... I doubt you'll like The Run (there may be some in MP... as I said, haven't explored that much yet. But in SP it's basically non-existent.)

Racing wise, it kinda feels the same as earlier entries w/ better gfx. In terms of perceived speed and handling that is.

The campaign basically IS a corny movie... but a fun corny movie nonetheless... especially since it's interactive. Some definite "HOLY SHIT" moments.

I'll need to explore some MP and see what it has to offer there... even though I know I'll get my ass kicked.

From what I've seen in SP, I expect MP modes to have std racing, "Elimination" racing (clock counts down... whoever is in last when it hits zero is eliminated and clock resets) both potentially w/ and w/o police interference (couldn't say, potential is there for it) and I expect some cops vs racer mode.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NFS: The Run   NFS: The Run Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NFS: The Run
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gametanamo Gaming Community :: Games :: Gaming-
Jump to: