Gametanamo Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for degenerates to shoot shit about their favorite hobby

HomeHomepageLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

It's...almost as if I can see the future

Go down 
+3
spacefox
Fido
Skreshavik
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

It's...almost as if I can see the future Empty
PostSubject: It's...almost as if I can see the future   It's...almost as if I can see the future Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 7:22 pm

And nobody believed me when I saw we were going to war with Iran.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/219346.html
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

PostSubject: Re: It's...almost as if I can see the future   It's...almost as if I can see the future Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 7:53 pm

Er... that's PressTV. That's gotten close to moving out of my "News" folder and into my "Comedy" folder.

I spend at least an hour every day looking into this Iran/Israel issue. This isn't anything to worry about, it's just Iran doing the same thing North Korea does - interpret everything as a declaration of war.

Iran and Israel and the US have been doing military exercises in the region for years now. It's just posturing.

Be more worried about Israeli plots to target nuclear sites like they did to Iraq, because that's what will start the war. Everything else is just posturing. Oh, and the shit in the Hormuz strait. That could balloon out too but that'll be a naval conflict and Iran knows it hasn't got a chance of even denting the US Navy there.

The reason - I believe - we're putting more troops in Israel is just to prove to Iran that we're still ready to fuck them over, since our military is scaling back considerably. Iran needs to continue to believe that the US is prepared to invade like it did Afghanistan and Iraq.
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

PostSubject: Re: It's...almost as if I can see the future   It's...almost as if I can see the future Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 8:28 pm

We probably will go to war with them, but moving troops to Israel doesnt mean shit. It's just us showing them we're ready for whatever they throw at us.
Back to top Go down
DTECH
Master of Facts, Factual Evidence, and Facts
DTECH

PostSubject: Re: It's...almost as if I can see the future   It's...almost as if I can see the future Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 12:41 am

See this is more relevant to actual news

Back to top Go down
bat
Gutman with a gat
bat

PostSubject: Re: It's...almost as if I can see the future   It's...almost as if I can see the future Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 1:54 am

hey dtech did you hear about that high school hockey player who got hurt somehow??? omgomgomg
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

PostSubject: Re: It's...almost as if I can see the future   It's...almost as if I can see the future Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 3:37 am

this is more like it although a bit alarmist still.

IMO if there's a war it'll come as a retaliation for a sudden aggression by one side, not this little tit for tat shit.

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/2012/01/20121212653433219.html
Back to top Go down
DTECH
DTECH

PostSubject: Re: It's...almost as if I can see the future   It's...almost as if I can see the future Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 11:39 am

gut wrote:
hey dtech did you hear about that high school hockey player who got hurt somehow??? omgomgomg

No whats this about? Please post a link

Thx
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: It's...almost as if I can see the future   It's...almost as if I can see the future Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 1:56 pm

Fido wrote:
Er... that's PressTV. That's gotten close to moving out of my "News" folder and into my "Comedy" folder.

I spend at least an hour every day looking into this Iran/Israel issue. This isn't anything to worry about, it's just Iran doing the same thing North Korea does - interpret everything as a declaration of war.

Iran and Israel and the US have been doing military exercises in the region for years now. It's just posturing.

Be more worried about Israeli plots to target nuclear sites like they did to Iraq, because that's what will start the war. Everything else is just posturing. Oh, and the shit in the Hormuz strait. That could balloon out too but that'll be a naval conflict and Iran knows it hasn't got a chance of even denting the US Navy there.

The reason - I believe - we're putting more troops in Israel is just to prove to Iran that we're still ready to fuck them over, since our military is scaling back considerably. Iran needs to continue to believe that the US is prepared to invade like it did Afghanistan and Iraq.
I shall consider your points as more valid than the rednecks I converse with on a daily basis, but remain skeptical.
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

PostSubject: Re: It's...almost as if I can see the future   It's...almost as if I can see the future Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 1:59 pm

I'm not going to come out and say there will be or won't be a war. Because there's no way to tell. Things can change within hours if certain previously unknown factors come into play. Like if there's a serious revolution and Iran suppresses it like in 2009 with the elections. Now after the Arab Spring that's going to be viewed highly different and it could lead to increased threats and even a military strike.

And a million other things like that could instantly change everything we know or can predict right now. So I'm not gonna bother trying.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: It's...almost as if I can see the future   It's...almost as if I can see the future Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 2:01 pm

I'd say war with Iran is probable at this point...

no I don't think those maneuvers are anything other then std military exercises... and quite likely akin to a peacock fluffing it's feathers at another male peacock.

Of course we aren't going to make the first move (unless they give us a good enough excuse) but the brass sure as hell don't mind taunting them
Back to top Go down
AmPLiFiKaTioN
Astro Jesus
AmPLiFiKaTioN

PostSubject: Re: It's...almost as if I can see the future   It's...almost as if I can see the future Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 5:07 pm

DTECH wrote:

Soooo... you're saying life-threatening injuries aren't newsworthy, but some marketing rep from an obscure video game controller company being a dick to his customers is? K.

I assume you're fine with the marketing rep thing being classified as news, because you didn't rag on Ronin for posting it.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: It's...almost as if I can see the future   It's...almost as if I can see the future Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 5:11 pm

My news story was funny though Razz
Back to top Go down
AmPLiFiKaTioN
Astro Jesus
AmPLiFiKaTioN

PostSubject: Re: It's...almost as if I can see the future   It's...almost as if I can see the future Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 5:30 pm

RoninHo'in wrote:
My news story was funny though Razz
...which doesn't negate the hypocrisy on Dtech's end, assuming he finds your story newsworthy.
Back to top Go down
DTECH
DTECH

PostSubject: Re: It's...almost as if I can see the future   It's...almost as if I can see the future Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 7:04 pm

AmPLiFiKaTioN wrote:
DTECH wrote:

Soooo... you're saying life-threatening injuries aren't newsworthy, but some marketing rep from an obscure video game controller company being a dick to his customers is? K.

I assume you're fine with the marketing rep thing being classified as news, because you didn't rag on Ronin for posting it.

Once again, I dont actually pay attention to what forum Im in, Im assuming by you posting this that Honin posted it in the news section then?

As far as hypocrisy I dont think so it goes back to exactly what I have already said, while no that story doesnt effect me personally, I found it interesting, some kid getting fucked up while playing a game doesnt interest me, since shit like that happens every day, some dude basically tanking his career within such a short span of time and it all happening because of something that runs on 1's and 0's I find interesting
Back to top Go down
AmPLiFiKaTioN
Astro Jesus
AmPLiFiKaTioN

PostSubject: Re: It's...almost as if I can see the future   It's...almost as if I can see the future Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 7:27 pm

DTECH wrote:
AmPLiFiKaTioN wrote:

Once again, I dont actually pay attention to what forum Im in, Im assuming by you posting this that Honin posted it in the news section then?

As far as hypocrisy I dont think so it goes back to exactly what I have already said, while no that story doesnt effect me personally, I found it interesting, some kid getting fucked up while playing a game doesnt interest me, since shit like that happens every day, some dude basically tanking his career within such a short span of time and it all happening because of something that runs on 1's and 0's I find interesting

If you don't pay attention to which forum you post in, then why were you so critical of my thread being posted in the News section?

And the kid's carer was completely fucked too, just in a much more serious way. You can't play hockey when you're paralyzed, but with the right PR tactics you can bounce back in the business world.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: It's...almost as if I can see the future   It's...almost as if I can see the future Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 7:30 pm

^haha +1 for lack of compassion Laughing

What's it matter tho Amp? The fact that EVERYONE wasn't as cold shouldered and impartial as DTECH is a small miracle here.

Also.... this being a gaming forum... my news story kinda IS more relevant Razz

Literally millions of people know about my story.... maybe a few hundred thousand know about that poor kid.... and the vast majority are only feeling false sympathy because they'd feel guilty about themselves if they admitted it really doesn't effect them.

Everyone is laughing at captain douchebag.... it's a nice common ground everyone can share without intimacy with anyone involved
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

PostSubject: Re: It's...almost as if I can see the future   It's...almost as if I can see the future Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 3:17 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/07/world/meast/iran-us-navy-rescue/index.html?hpt=hp_t1
Back to top Go down
DTECH
DTECH

PostSubject: Re: It's...almost as if I can see the future   It's...almost as if I can see the future Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 4:11 pm

AmPLiFiKaTioN wrote:
DTECH wrote:

If you don't pay attention to which forum you post in, then why were you so critical of my thread being posted in the News section?

And the kid's carer was completely fucked too, just in a much more serious way. You can't play hockey when you're paralyzed, but with the right PR tactics you can bounce back in the business world.

Im not even gonna look up my post, but I didnt say anything about it being in the news section, I said ok then you were the one that brought up the news section, I didnt even know what forum it was until that point, only time that the forum was of contention was when you said it was the news section and it was news, which it was but it seemed irrelevant to me

Lets be honest here, the only reason you even posted it was cuz you knew the guy, if you didnt know the guy or he was in a different state you never would have posted that story, cuz it woulda meant nothing to you just like it did to me and probably most other people on here (Im saying probably since I cant speak for them)
Back to top Go down
bat
Gutman with a gat
bat

PostSubject: Re: It's...almost as if I can see the future   It's...almost as if I can see the future Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 5:41 pm

fuck sake dtech, you woulda saved more time by just reading amp's story and sympathizing for a minute or whatever. This rebellion against unworthy news you have begun is already costing thousands of lives, and will probably only get worse, knowing you and amp.

Back to top Go down
DTECH
DTECH

PostSubject: Re: It's...almost as if I can see the future   It's...almost as if I can see the future Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 7:54 pm

gut wrote:
fuck sake dtech, you woulda saved more time by just reading amp's story and sympathizing for a minute or whatever. This rebellion against unworthy news you have begun is already costing thousands of lives, and will probably only get worse, knowing you and amp.

Lol
Back to top Go down
AmPLiFiKaTioN
Astro Jesus
AmPLiFiKaTioN

PostSubject: Re: It's...almost as if I can see the future   It's...almost as if I can see the future Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 10:33 pm

The topic must hold some sort of significance for him... he's still arguing after all. See, if I posted a news story about Burger King being named the healthiest restaurant in the world, he'd just call bullshit in one post and then quit replying when I told him how newsworthy it was.

"I call bullshit, and how is this news?"
"It's news because of the way it is."
"k, whatever, I'm gonna go lather my hockey stick with maple syrup while I think aboot the fucks I do not give."
Back to top Go down
bat
Gutman with a gat
bat

PostSubject: Re: It's...almost as if I can see the future   It's...almost as if I can see the future Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 4:34 pm

^ +1
Back to top Go down
DTECH
DTECH

PostSubject: Re: It's...almost as if I can see the future   It's...almost as if I can see the future Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 4:58 pm

AmPLiFiKaTioN wrote:
The topic must hold some sort of significance for him... he's still arguing after all. See, if I posted a news story about Burger King being named the healthiest restaurant in the world, he'd just call bullshit in one post and then quit replying when I told him how newsworthy it was.

"k, whatever, I'm gonna go lather my hockey stick with maple syrup while I think aboot the fucks I do not give."

Ok
Back to top Go down
AmPLiFiKaTioN
Astro Jesus
AmPLiFiKaTioN

PostSubject: Re: It's...almost as if I can see the future   It's...almost as if I can see the future Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 5:00 pm

DTECH wrote:
AmPLiFiKaTioN wrote:

Ok

Good, you're getting the hang of it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's...almost as if I can see the future   It's...almost as if I can see the future Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's...almost as if I can see the future
Page 1 of 1