A place for degenerates to shoot shit about their favorite hobby
 
HomeHomepageFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Jack Jablonski

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
AmPLiFiKaTioN
Astro Jesus
avatar

Posts : 4356
Points : 4504
Reputation : -17
Join date : 2010-03-21
Age : 23
Location : Minnesota

PostSubject: Jack Jablonski   Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:31 pm

http://espn.go.com/high-school/story/_/id/7424789/paralyzed-minnesota-hockey-player-jack-jablonski-undergoes-surgery

A kid I know who goes to a nearby school was checked from behind, head first into the boards in a JV hockey game. He's regaining some motion in one of his arms, but he had to have spinal fusion surgery and it's likely he'll be paralyzed from the shoulders down... he's lucky to be alive, though. What really sucks is that he's on varsity but was playing JV to get more experience.

You can google his name to see hundreds of other articles.
Back to top Go down
DTECH
Master of Facts, Factual Evidence, and Facts
avatar

Posts : 4541
Points : 4745
Reputation : -115
Join date : 2010-03-19
Location : Here

PostSubject: Re: Jack Jablonski   Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:17 pm

Ok?
Back to top Go down
AmPLiFiKaTioN
Astro Jesus
avatar

Posts : 4356
Points : 4504
Reputation : -17
Join date : 2010-03-21
Age : 23
Location : Minnesota

PostSubject: Re: Jack Jablonski   Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:22 pm

DTECH wrote:
Ok?

The fuck's wrong with you?
Back to top Go down
DTECH
Master of Facts, Factual Evidence, and Facts
avatar

Posts : 4541
Points : 4745
Reputation : -115
Join date : 2010-03-19
Location : Here

PostSubject: Re: Jack Jablonski   Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:28 pm

AmPLiFiKaTioN wrote:
DTECH wrote:
Ok?

The fuck's wrong with you?

Not sure why you posted this is all
Back to top Go down
AmPLiFiKaTioN
Astro Jesus
avatar

Posts : 4356
Points : 4504
Reputation : -17
Join date : 2010-03-21
Age : 23
Location : Minnesota

PostSubject: Re: Jack Jablonski   Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:34 pm

DTECH wrote:
AmPLiFiKaTioN wrote:


The fuck's wrong with you?

Not sure why you posted this is all

This is the news section. This is news.

Not sure why you post 5 threads a week in the Barracks when most of them could just be posted in your random shit thread, but you don't hear me bitching about it Razz
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
avatar

Posts : 5996
Points : 6333
Reputation : 55
Join date : 2010-04-30
Age : 27
Location : California/Oregon

PostSubject: Re: Jack Jablonski   Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:40 pm

But this news is, well...generic.

_________________
gut wrote:
Skresh is a 20 year old african american homosexual furfag, but hes ALSO... NARNFORNIA, a level 82 nig-elf afro-magician orc slayer in world of warcraft.
Back to top Go down
AmPLiFiKaTioN
Astro Jesus
avatar

Posts : 4356
Points : 4504
Reputation : -17
Join date : 2010-03-21
Age : 23
Location : Minnesota

PostSubject: Re: Jack Jablonski   Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:59 pm

Skreshavik wrote:
But this news is, well...generic.

News, nonetheless. I figured someone would find it interesting.
Back to top Go down
DTECH
Master of Facts, Factual Evidence, and Facts
avatar

Posts : 4541
Points : 4745
Reputation : -115
Join date : 2010-03-19
Location : Here

PostSubject: Re: Jack Jablonski   Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:13 pm

AmPLiFiKaTioN wrote:
DTECH wrote:


Not sure why you posted this is all

This is the news section. This is news.

Not sure why you post 5 threads a week in the Barracks when most of them could just be posted in your random shit thread, but you don't hear me bitching about it Razz

I guess I would actually have to pay attention to the forum it was in, I never do since I just use the posts since last visit link

Ahh my bad for not staying in my little corner of this forum, but now Im wondering why you have 3 different or 2? (not sure since I dont pay enough attention or care enough) threads open as your random thread, maybe you should post this in there since in all reality no one here actually cares about this story except for you and that is only cuz you know him (or know of him) this is like someone on here posting this story http://www.nwfdailynews.com/news/wreck-46371-car-injured.html

No one really cares, only people that would are the people that know him, just another dead/injured person that you dont know or have never met, this post is the type of thing you put on FB..... well I think FB since I dont use it, the FB gays could chime in here and correct me if Im wrong



*And there goes my resolution of trying to be nicer Neutral *
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
avatar

Posts : 8156
Points : 8616
Reputation : 47
Join date : 2010-03-22
Age : 36
Location : Cali baby

PostSubject: Re: Jack Jablonski   Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:28 pm

It's ok Dtech....... you lasted longer than any of us gave you credit for

_________________
Back to top Go down
DTECH
Master of Facts, Factual Evidence, and Facts
avatar

Posts : 4541
Points : 4745
Reputation : -115
Join date : 2010-03-19
Location : Here

PostSubject: Re: Jack Jablonski   Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:52 pm

RoninHo'in wrote:
It's ok Dtech....... you lasted longer than any of us gave you credit for

Its pretty fucking hard
Back to top Go down
AmPLiFiKaTioN
Astro Jesus
avatar

Posts : 4356
Points : 4504
Reputation : -17
Join date : 2010-03-21
Age : 23
Location : Minnesota

PostSubject: Re: Jack Jablonski   Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:20 am

All I heard was "I'm too lazy to pay attention, but anyways I'm right. Yeah that's what I'll go with."

First off, 3 random shit threads because they implode at 50 pages. And second, it was on ESPN... more than just Minnesotans care about it if there's a story on ESPN...

I wasn't trying to argue with you, dude. It's just that a reply like your first one is a bit insensitive for a story like this.


Last edited by AmPLiFiKaTioN on Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : changed "want" to "wasn't")
Back to top Go down
DTECH
Master of Facts, Factual Evidence, and Facts
avatar

Posts : 4541
Points : 4745
Reputation : -115
Join date : 2010-03-19
Location : Here

PostSubject: Re: Jack Jablonski   Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:00 pm

AmPLiFiKaTioN wrote:
All I heard was "I'm too lazy to pay attention, but anyways I'm right. Yeah that's what I'll go with."

First off, 3 random shit threads because they implode at 50 pages. And second, it was on ESPN... more than just Minnesotans care about it if there's a story on ESPN...

I want trying to argue with you, dude. It's just that a reply like your first one is a bit insensitive for a story like this.

Ok if you say so
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker


Posts : 4915
Points : 5512
Reputation : -9
Join date : 2010-03-19
Age : 23
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: Jack Jablonski   Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:56 pm

Lol DTECH's a bitch. I bet if this happened to him then he'd consider it newsworthy.

And wow the coach for the other team is an asshole.
Quote :
"It wasn't a booming hit," Wayzata JV coach Duke Johnson told the Star Tribune. "Was it a check from behind? Yes. Did our kid take eight strides and then hit him? No."

How does that happen anyway? I understand he hit his head hard but how did his spine get so fucked up?

_________________
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
avatar

Posts : 5464
Points : 5952
Reputation : 43
Join date : 2010-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Jack Jablonski   Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:24 pm

Dtech's right. It's unfortunate it happened, he's not saying he's glad or anything. But this isn't exactly newsworthy to other people. It's a monkeysphere thing.

In the last few weeks several people from my high school have been involved in fatal car crashes, with the worst one being a car filled with 5 kids, no survivors. It's been one incident after another and it has torn up my entire community but it's not something I'd share here because you didn't know them and it has no meaning to you.

Bad shit happens around everyone all the time, if we posted every injury or death that happened around us and might have affected us this board would be clogged up with shit nobody would read.

Everyone covering for Amp is just trying too hard to come across as being sensible and understanding. They don't want to sound callous and they see a sob story and their conscience won't let them say "ok?"
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker


Posts : 4915
Points : 5512
Reputation : -9
Join date : 2010-03-19
Age : 23
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: Jack Jablonski   Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:55 pm

Fido wrote:
Dtech's right. It's unfortunate it happened, he's not saying he's glad or anything. But this isn't exactly newsworthy to other people. It's a monkeysphere thing.

In the last few weeks several people from my high school have been involved in fatal car crashes, with the worst one being a car filled with 5 kids, no survivors. It's been one incident after another and it has torn up my entire community but it's not something I'd share here because you didn't know them and it has no meaning to you.

Bad shit happens around everyone all the time, if we posted every injury or death that happened around us and might have affected us this board would be clogged up with shit nobody would read.

Everyone covering for Amp is just trying too hard to come across as being sensible and understanding. They don't want to sound callous and they see a sob story and their conscience won't let them say "ok?"
You're right. I cant say I care but I do think it's unfortunate. Saying "Ok?" is just being an ass though, least you could do is show some sympathy but I understand some people lack that.

_________________
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
avatar

Posts : 5464
Points : 5952
Reputation : 43
Join date : 2010-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Jack Jablonski   Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:24 pm

He's just pointing out that this thread isn't necessary, so Amp won't make 50 others like it over the course of the next several years. I think you owe Dtech an apology if not some gratitude.
Back to top Go down
DTECH
Master of Facts, Factual Evidence, and Facts
avatar

Posts : 4541
Points : 4745
Reputation : -115
Join date : 2010-03-19
Location : Here

PostSubject: Re: Jack Jablonski   Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:32 am

spacefox wrote:
Lol DTECH's a bitch. I bet if this happened to him then he'd consider it newsworthy.

And wow the coach for the other team is an asshole.
Quote :
"It wasn't a booming hit," Wayzata JV coach Duke Johnson told the Star Tribune. "Was it a check from behind? Yes. Did our kid take eight strides and then hit him? No."

How does that happen anyway? I understand he hit his head hard but how did his spine get so fucked up?

Wow you actually are dumber then I thought you were, the point is that its basic human nature to only care about yourself and people in your direct circles, Amp posted this for 3 reasons, he knows the guy, it went national (ESPN) and its big news where he lives, now take me I dont know the guy, I dont watch ESPN or any news for that matter and I dont live in Minnesota... so why should I care?

Have you ever heard of Retts Disease? Im guessing you probably havent, yet there is people out there that have it, but you never even knew about it, so its something that you could care less about, now if you or one of your family members had it you would know all about it and care about it, this is because it effects you directly

And I should show some sympathy? You are a massive faggot for even suggesting that, why be a fake little supplicant? If its something I dont care about why should I pretend to care?
Back to top Go down
SomeMexicanGuy
TL;DR
avatar

Posts : 803
Points : 828
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2010-04-11
Age : 24
Location : California

PostSubject: Re: Jack Jablonski   Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:27 am

DTECH wrote:
spacefox wrote:
Lol DTECH's a bitch. I bet if this happened to him then he'd consider it newsworthy.

And wow the coach for the other team is an asshole.


How does that happen anyway? I understand he hit his head hard but how did his spine get so fucked up?

Wow you actually are dumber then I thought you were, the point is that its basic human nature to only care about yourself and people in your direct circles, Amp posted this for 3 reasons, he knows the guy, it went national (ESPN) and its big news where he lives, now take me I dont know the guy, I dont watch ESPN or any news for that matter and I dont live in Minnesota... so why should I care?

Have you ever heard of Retts Disease? Im guessing you probably havent, yet there is people out there that have it, but you never even knew about it, so its something that you could care less about, now if you or one of your family members had it you would know all about it and care about it, this is because it effects you directly

And I should show some sympathy? You are a massive faggot for even suggesting that, why be a fake little supplicant? If its something I dont care about why should I pretend to care?
How space feels:
Back to top Go down
DTECH
Master of Facts, Factual Evidence, and Facts
avatar

Posts : 4541
Points : 4745
Reputation : -115
Join date : 2010-03-19
Location : Here

PostSubject: Re: Jack Jablonski   Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:38 am

LOL never seen that GIF before, nice
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
avatar

Posts : 5464
Points : 5952
Reputation : 43
Join date : 2010-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Jack Jablonski   Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:00 pm

No greater frustration exists upon this earth
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
avatar

Posts : 8156
Points : 8616
Reputation : 47
Join date : 2010-03-22
Age : 36
Location : Cali baby

PostSubject: Re: Jack Jablonski   Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:05 pm

spacefox wrote:

You're right. I cant say I care but I do think it's unfortunate. Saying "Ok?" is just being an ass though, least you could do is show some sympathy but I understand some people lack that.

uhm... this is gametanamo.... Sympathy isn't exactly 1 of our strong points here.

And TBQH... I think most peoples "sympathy" is fake. They fool themselves into feeling sympathy because they think they're supposed to.

When my cousin, who was also my best friend, died... I detested anyones sympathy. Fuck off with your fake bullshit. Fuck off with your guilty concious. You didn't know him, then don't fuckin talk to me about him.

I don't get people honestly.

_________________
Back to top Go down
bat
Gutman with a gat
avatar

Posts : 5334
Points : 5931
Reputation : 84
Join date : 2010-03-19
Age : 30
Location : A spot.

PostSubject: Re: Jack Jablonski   Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:44 pm

RoninHo'in wrote:
spacefox wrote:

You're right. I cant say I care but I do think it's unfortunate. Saying "Ok?" is just being an ass though, least you could do is show some sympathy but I understand some people lack that.

uhm... this is gametanamo.... Sympathy isn't exactly 1 of our strong points here.

And TBQH... I think most peoples "sympathy" is fake. They fool themselves into feeling sympathy because they think they're supposed to.

When my cousin, who was also my best friend, died... I detested anyones sympathy. Fuck off with your fake bullshit. Fuck off with your guilty concious. You didn't know him, then don't fuckin talk to me about him.

I don't get people honestly.

agreed.

I may or may not feel sympathy for a person, but either way, if something horrible comes up in conversation, the most ill come out with is a quick "....damn." and a thoughtful, somber facial expression for a moment, then a quick change of the subject if it can be done tactfully.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
avatar

Posts : 8156
Points : 8616
Reputation : 47
Join date : 2010-03-22
Age : 36
Location : Cali baby

PostSubject: Re: Jack Jablonski   Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:46 pm

^lol yup.... The whole while actually annoyed at the person for bringing it up in an obvious attempt at garnering sympathy....

and as such I don't tend to worry about the whole "tactful" bit when it comes to changing the subject Laughing

_________________
Back to top Go down
DTECH
Master of Facts, Factual Evidence, and Facts
avatar

Posts : 4541
Points : 4745
Reputation : -115
Join date : 2010-03-19
Location : Here

PostSubject: Re: Jack Jablonski   Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:26 pm

RoninHo'in wrote:
spacefox wrote:

You're right. I cant say I care but I do think it's unfortunate. Saying "Ok?" is just being an ass though, least you could do is show some sympathy but I understand some people lack that.

uhm... this is gametanamo.... Sympathy isn't exactly 1 of our strong points here.

And TBQH... I think most peoples "sympathy" is fake. They fool themselves into feeling sympathy because they think they're supposed to.

When my cousin, who was also my best friend, died... I detested anyones sympathy. Fuck off with your fake bullshit. Fuck off with your guilty concious. You didn't know him, then don't fuckin talk to me about him.

I don't get people honestly.

Nice to know Im not the only dbag
Back to top Go down
AmPLiFiKaTioN
Astro Jesus
avatar

Posts : 4356
Points : 4504
Reputation : -17
Join date : 2010-03-21
Age : 23
Location : Minnesota

PostSubject: Re: Jack Jablonski   Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:00 pm

I'm just gonna ignore everything that just happened in this thread and let you guys know the positives of the situation...not that you guys care, but whatever.

We had an out of uniform day wearing Benilde's school colors, got interviewed by a few local news stations, etc. The students, parents, faculty & staff, and alumni of my school raised $17,000 for Jack today. With the donations from other schools and organizations around the country, Jack and his family should be well on their way to paying the medical bills and hopefully have some leftover money to make sure they have a house accessible for the now wheelchair-bound kid.

Whether you care about some kid who had a sports injury out in Minnesota is moot. Frankly, no one gives a fuck if you have sympathy for the kid, but it's common courtesy to refrain from posting stuff like, "Who cares?" At least have the decency to keep that kind of thing to yourself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Jack Jablonski   

Back to top Go down
 
Jack Jablonski
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Warmachine Character Jack Updgrade Kits
» Jack-in-the-box is animated!
» Show Jolly-Jack
» Tropical Island (Fixed) By Jack's Creations
» Dark Parables 6: Jack and the Sky Kingdom

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gametanamo Gaming Community :: News :: News-
Jump to: