Gametanamo Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for degenerates to shoot shit about their favorite hobby

HomeHomepageLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

so i played yesterday

Go down 
+7
Eradicated
WantonHERO
spacefox
Skreshavik
VILE
SomeMexicanGuy
bat
11 posters
AuthorMessage
bat
Gutman with a gat
bat

so i played yesterday Empty
PostSubject: so i played yesterday   so i played yesterday Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 2:30 pm

my buddy got bf3 and he seems to really like it.

I went to his house and tried it and wtf.

Tank 120 doesnt do shit to a fkin garage door?!?! Even in shitty bc2 there was no garage door you couldnt blow up. Now i drive up into a building to get a quick flank but i cant get my flank cause the fucking tank cant blow up a fucking garage door. lol. Also noticed a whole bunch of other random bullshit that the tank 120 cannot destroy, but ill not bother to list them, since you guys who play every day already know a shitload more than me anyway.

ok.

so then i play this rush map that seems like its infantry only.

Route A to the crates is this big wide open area designed for sniping and shit.

Route B is through buiildings, funneling down to 1 door.

ONE DOOR.

ONE FUCKING SMALL DOOR.

Reminds me of Havana in blackops specifically, near the fountain, where theres also one fucking door. Why cant you just blow holes in walls and shit to get where youre going?!?!? WTF kind of game is this?!?!? no destruction?!?!?? o wait, at least i can tear down a fence with a knife but thats IT?!?!? Talk about 10 steps back.

o wait. In Havana there were 3 routes, not just 2: one through buildings at each side, where there were often sub-routes and extra doors and shit, and THEN the long-range snipish route through the middle.

So the CoD version of the map was better.

The no destruction thing was a big surprise for me. I didnt even consider it would be that way. I automatically went in assuming that if I couldnt shoot people, i could at least blow up a bunch of walls and stuff and try to be ninja like that. Naw. OPTION A: go through the long-rage sniper zone, where you clearly wont make it through without lots of teammates backing you (and there are none, because noone wants to fight through a gauntlet of bullshit in the open trying to approach few snipers who will all go 22/1 if we try to do that). OPTION B: Go through this fucking door, this one right here, where there are no less than 5 guys aimed at the door and/or throwing grenades and other shit. And my entire team is all on this side, and noone wants to pile in because EVERYONE WILL FUCKING DIE, PERIOD, and so people take turns popping in front of the door, tossing a nade, and then RUN THE FUCK AWAY CAUSE FUCK THERES A LOT OF SHIT COMING OUTA THAT FUCKING DOOR AT ME WTF, and i can only assume the enemy team is facing the same predicament with that ONE FUCKING DOOR, its just that they are defending so its cool.
Back to top Go down
SomeMexicanGuy
TL;DR
SomeMexicanGuy

PostSubject: Re: so i played yesterday   so i played yesterday Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 3:27 pm

tl;dr
Back to top Go down
VILE
God Damn Mother Fucking VILE
VILE

PostSubject: Re: so i played yesterday   so i played yesterday Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 3:54 pm

lulz were had
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: so i played yesterday   so i played yesterday Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 4:38 pm

Did you play the one map with the little bird and the tunnel in the middle?
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

PostSubject: Re: so i played yesterday   so i played yesterday Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 5:41 pm

LOL what map is that? I didnt play it.

I didnt play Rush at all actually, I just played Conquest and that was shit too.
Back to top Go down
WantonHERO
Murderous Crack Fiend
WantonHERO

PostSubject: Re: so i played yesterday   so i played yesterday Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 6:09 pm

yeah gut, i was surprised too. i was in gunning and my friend tried to 120 the garage door in seine crossing and nothing, there was like 3 dudes in there and they all scrampled and ran out.

another instances is flag A of tehran lagway, the building right across the flag towards b side, my bro tried 120ing the wall where the stairs are and nothing. dudes just kept running to the roof rpg and run back down to the stairs.

but what do i know right? the game is perfect and is the best game ever know to man kind in the universe!! it completely got lots of new things and game features...fucking joke.

lets see, give them 1 crappy jets, take out the only one thing that distinguishes this game from others: destructible environments. so technically it's not even BC2.5...sadly it's BFMC2.2.

Anways. RIP BF3 come tonight. I'll be back when this game is done in May when it might be fun.
Back to top Go down
Eradicated
Murderous Crack Fiend
Eradicated

PostSubject: Re: so i played yesterday   so i played yesterday Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 7:00 pm

spacefox wrote:

I didnt play Rush at all actually, I just played Conquest and that was shit too.
Davamand Peak. Its shit but a great map for getting mine kills.

So far my favourite map is norshor canals, simply because of the Scout choppers, I fucking love them.
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

PostSubject: Re: so i played yesterday   so i played yesterday Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 7:06 pm

Eradicated wrote:
spacefox wrote:

So far my favourite map is norshor canals, simply because of the Scout choppers, I fucking love them.
I meant the map with the one fucking door that Gut was talking about. I played Damavand on Conquest and Im pretty sure thats not it.

The Canals map is probably the most fun I had in my time playing. The Amphibious tank is so fucking awesome, I got like 12 kills before we got taken out. And driving that shit up to the beach is just intense.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: so i played yesterday   so i played yesterday Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 7:08 pm

I love the Canal's... great map.

I personally always have fun on Caspian/Firestorm/Kharg as well.

I also thoroughly enjoy Tehran and Seine... but I often leave Metro, Damavand, and Bazaar... those maps just seem extremely uninspired.

Seine might be small, but flanking is always possible on that map, and I never see the problems on that map that I do on Metro and Bazaar with no real meat grinder tunnel.

Damavand is bigger... but it's still just a tunnel FFS O.o
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: so i played yesterday   so i played yesterday Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 7:10 pm

spacefox wrote:
Eradicated wrote:
spacefox wrote:

I meant the map with the one fucking door that Gut was talking about. I played Damavand on Conquest and Im pretty sure thats not it.

The Canals map is probably the most fun I had in my time playing. The Amphibious tank is so fucking awesome, I got like 12 kills before we got taken out. And driving that shit up to the beach is just intense.

the best thing to do with the AAMV w/e the fuck it's called is to park it in the river outside 'A' next to a ladder.... Use the APC's to assault the bases (they work better anyways)

It can sit there all match unharassed cause they'll never even notice it there... giving your WHOLE TEAM a spawn point right outside 'A' flag.
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: so i played yesterday   so i played yesterday Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 9:57 pm

RoninHo'in wrote:
but I often leave Metro, Damavand, and Bazaar... those maps just seem extremely uninspired.
Those are the best, though =/
Infantry combat is funneled into a few major chokepoints with a few side passageways that can disrupt the opposition's line of defense.
Back to top Go down
DTECH
Master of Facts, Factual Evidence, and Facts
DTECH

PostSubject: Re: so i played yesterday   so i played yesterday Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 10:32 pm

Ya the 120 shells are made by Mattel now

As far as maps go, Nosehair is the best, all others are just varying degrees of shitty
Back to top Go down
Mark!
Midget
Mark!

PostSubject: Re: so i played yesterday   so i played yesterday Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 11:20 pm

Canal is the worst map ever made. I hate that shit.

Vehicle disable and out of bounds spawns is what killed BF3 in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: so i played yesterday   so i played yesterday Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 11:41 pm

The OUB spawns are quite small, and highly impractical to camp at the far end of said spawn. I also believe vehicle disabling is only an option some servers have.
Back to top Go down
Alyss
The Hanged Woman
Alyss

PostSubject: Re: so i played yesterday   so i played yesterday Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 8:58 am

WantonHERO wrote:
so technically it's not even BC2.5...sadly it's BFMC2.2.
A lot of people like that... BF3 has less destruction than BC2, but it still has a lot. Very few shooters out there have any at all, and less still have more. BF3 is not a sequel to BC2, I don't get why you people can't understand that.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AlyssSilence
DTECH
DTECH

PostSubject: Re: so i played yesterday   so i played yesterday Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 12:36 pm

I-_DaRkBOYY_-I wrote:
Canal is the worst map ever made. I hate that shit.

Vehicle disable and out of bounds spawns is what killed BF3 in my opinion.

You are a faggot so you opinion is invalid

But ya OOB and disable are super fucking gay, if anything what they should have done was give a 20 sec spawn protection in the home base, that way if people are in your spawn and sitting on it at least it gives you a chance to kill them too, if they sit in tanks and do it..... oh well sucks to be you just find another server
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: so i played yesterday   so i played yesterday Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 2:31 pm

I hardly notice OOB's except on Seine... and then you can just mortar them anyways so fuck it.

Mortar is the anti HQ camper weapon.

Mortar + MAV = proper spawn camping.
Back to top Go down
bat
Gutman with a gat
bat

PostSubject: Re: so i played yesterday   so i played yesterday Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 2:59 pm

Alyss wrote:
WantonHERO wrote:
so technically it's not even BC2.5...sadly it's BFMC2.2.
A lot of people like that... BF3 has less destruction than BC2, but it still has a lot. Very few shooters out there have any at all, and less still have more. BF3 is not a sequel to BC2, I don't get why you people can't understand that.

Because of its engine being called "frostbite 2.0" after bc2's "frostbite 1.5" that featured much more/better destruction than BC1's "Frostbite," yet somehow manages to almost completely... you know what? I dont even own this game. I dont have to explain shit.

Battlefield 3 is a bad game. It sucks ass, everything about it, its just sub-par and weak.
Back to top Go down
Mark!
Midget
Mark!

PostSubject: Re: so i played yesterday   so i played yesterday Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 5:08 pm

WantonHERO wrote:
...sadly it's BFMC2.2.

BFMC2 was actually good though. BF3 is the worst peice of shit Dice/EA ever put out.

Just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: so i played yesterday   so i played yesterday Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 5:25 pm

#1: Dice didn't make BF2:MC.... that was another studio, DICE Canada, that got closed.

#2: Ur on crack if you think BF2:MC is in any way shape or form better.

Haters gonna hate.... but BF3 is sick.

Some terrain was made indestructible not due to the engine lacking capability, but rather for map balancing.

I think you're talking about Seine crossing, A flag... and if those doors could be blown open.... there would literally be NO place to hide for infantry to cap. Besides, not like it's hard to toss a nade in there and blast all the cockroaches that scurry out.

Still has a lot more destruction than that "better" FPS Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
Mark!
Midget
Mark!

PostSubject: Re: so i played yesterday   so i played yesterday Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 5:45 pm

RoninHo'in wrote:
#1: Dice didn't make BF2:MC.... that was another studio, DICE Canada, that got closed.

#2: Ur on crack if you think BF2:MC is in any way shape or form better.

Haters gonna hate.... but BF3 is sick.

Some terrain was made indestructible not due to the engine lacking capability, but rather for map balancing.

I think you're talking about Seine crossing, A flag... and if those doors could be blown open.... there would literally be NO place to hide for infantry to cap. Besides, not like it's hard to toss a nade in there and blast all the cockroaches that scurry out.

Still has a lot more destruction than that "better" FPS Rolling Eyes

#1 I know that. In the end it's still Battlefield, and it was made by Dice. Although Dice Canada is no longer around. That's a different story though, and is completely irrelevant. Nice try at being a smart ass though.

#2 MC2 is outdated now, but in it's day it was great. BF3 is total shit, and 90% of the BC1 and BC2 originals don't like it that much.

If you like it that's great, atleast someone can enjoy it. When it comes down to it it's completely based on taste. I don't really like CoD, yet it sells more then 10x the copies of any Battlefield game.
Back to top Go down
DTECH
DTECH

PostSubject: Re: so i played yesterday   so i played yesterday Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 9:25 pm

RoninHo'in wrote:
I hardly notice OOB's except on Seine... and then you can just mortar them anyways so fuck it.

Mortar is the anti HQ camper weapon.

Mortar + MAV = proper spawn camping.

You must suck then, cuz Im in spawn lock games at least 5 times a day (and I dont play a lot), the fact that I cant go in there 5 times a day is fucking annoying

Mortar is a faggot weapon and Id have to actually play that shit class to unlock it.... so no

There is a total of 12 people that have used the MAV in the history of BF3 on the PS3, thats cuz everyone else knows its a useless piece of shit, that only recon faggots would think is cool
Back to top Go down
bat
Gutman with a gat
bat

PostSubject: Re: so i played yesterday   so i played yesterday Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 2:52 pm

RoninHo'in wrote:

dude... fuck that god damn shit. What the hell is wrong with you?
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: so i played yesterday   so i played yesterday Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 5:09 pm

??

I'm just explaining what happened.

Looks like B2K expac is going to be a lot more destructible though.... they said almost every building on Karkand can be 2.0'd
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: so i played yesterday   so i played yesterday Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 5:35 pm

Jeez this game is going to give me a fucking aneurism.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: so i played yesterday   so i played yesterday Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

so i played yesterday
Page 1 of 1