A place for degenerates to shoot shit about their favorite hobby
 
HomeHomepageFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 RO2 & ArmA 3 (the PC exclusives) look like shit

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
FFigh
Property of Gametanamo
avatar

Posts : 753
Points : 825
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2010-03-27

PostSubject: RO2 & ArmA 3 (the PC exclusives) look like shit   Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:09 pm

...Just watched some gameplay of both and yeah... Not impressed.

Reading EAUK and seeing PC elitists whine about whole walls getting blown up in BC2 and then watching RO2 where the destruction doesn't even match the point of impact makes me lol... And the same elitists boast about RO2.

Also, the dev who showed some RO2 gameplay got killed within 5 seconds of spawning (happened about 3 times) and after that he had to use god mode to actually show the game.

Arma 3, while I like open world games and vehicles... This game just failed to impress me, they haven't even implemented decent physics even though the game is supposed to be about as realistic as it gets.

Cool story bro.


Last edited by FFigh on Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FFigh
Property of Gametanamo
avatar

Posts : 753
Points : 825
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2010-03-27

PostSubject: Re: RO2 & ArmA 3 (the PC exclusives) look like shit   Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:10 pm

Also, INB4 ALIENA, Gnarly & Daedra... And maybe a few elitists who join the forums just to comment on this.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
avatar

Posts : 8156
Points : 8616
Reputation : 47
Join date : 2010-03-22
Age : 36
Location : Cali baby

PostSubject: Re: RO2 & ArmA 3 (the PC exclusives) look like shit   Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:17 pm

lmao agreed 110%

u jus got +2'd Razz

_________________
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
avatar

Posts : 5464
Points : 5952
Reputation : 43
Join date : 2010-04-18

PostSubject: Re: RO2 & ArmA 3 (the PC exclusives) look like shit   Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:24 pm

Finally. I've thought this for a while. Arma looks nice on the scale of it but when you get down to the individual level (where you'll be playing at) it looks shit.

Never heard of RO2 so I won't comment there.
Back to top Go down
FFigh
Property of Gametanamo
avatar

Posts : 753
Points : 825
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2010-03-27

PostSubject: Re: RO2 & ArmA 3 (the PC exclusives) look like shit   Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:24 am

When I watched the gameplays, neither games gave me a "must have" feel or a "holy shit, that's awesome" reaction.

Most of the stuff just seemed really tedious. I understand that ArmA is supposed to be realistic but the dev destroyed two vehicles with 2 rockets from a heli... He was 1.6 miles away and autolocked on them. Sure would be awesome to have some of that MP action, getting raped by fucking everything before you can even see it. The only major progresses the dev could name in terms of the engine were "a fully detailed ocean floor" and "volumetric clouds", oh man, I've been waiting for those for so long and finally they're here!

RO2, first off the graphics don't impress me... I don't give a fuck if it has AA or some fancy DX11 effects, it looks worse than a console exclusive. In the first few seconds of the gameplay (just before he gets killed right after spawning) you can see a couple of trees pop up out of nowhere, also the way the trees move in the "wind" looks fucking retarded... Really the only thing about RO2 that has "stuck" to my mind is the "dual sight" feature where you can use both a scope and irons at the same time... Other than that, it's pretty forgettable... Not to mention the animations are about as good as the ones we've seen like 11 years ago in Soldier of Fortune.

Back to top Go down
DTECH
Master of Facts, Factual Evidence, and Facts
avatar

Posts : 4541
Points : 4745
Reputation : -115
Join date : 2010-03-19
Location : Here

PostSubject: Re: RO2 & ArmA 3 (the PC exclusives) look like shit   Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:49 am

FFigh wrote:
When I watched the gameplays, neither games gave me a "must have" feel or a "holy shit, that's awesome" reaction.

Most of the stuff just seemed really tedious. I understand that ArmA is supposed to be realistic but the dev destroyed two vehicles with 2 rockets from a heli... He was 1.6 miles away and autolocked on them. Sure would be awesome to have some of that MP action, getting raped by fucking everything before you can even see it. The only major progresses the dev could name in terms of the engine were "a fully detailed ocean floor" and "volumetric clouds", oh man, I've been waiting for those for so long and finally they're here!

RO2, first off the graphics don't impress me... I don't give a fuck if it has AA or some fancy DX11 effects, it looks worse than a console exclusive. In the first few seconds of the gameplay (just before he gets killed right after spawning) you can see a couple of trees pop up out of nowhere, also the way the trees move in the "wind" looks fucking retarded... Really the only thing about RO2 that has "stuck" to my mind is the "dual sight" feature where you can use both a scope and irons at the same time... Other than that, it's pretty forgettable... Not to mention the animations are about as good as the ones we've seen like 11 years ago in Soldier of Fortune.


http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-bad-company-2-ng/1414529-bc2-needs-have.html#post19625972
Back to top Go down
FFigh
Property of Gametanamo
avatar

Posts : 753
Points : 825
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2010-03-27

PostSubject: Re: RO2 & ArmA 3 (the PC exclusives) look like shit   Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:50 am

LMAO, post it in the PC section of the BF3 forums.
Back to top Go down
DTECH
Master of Facts, Factual Evidence, and Facts
avatar

Posts : 4541
Points : 4745
Reputation : -115
Join date : 2010-03-19
Location : Here

PostSubject: Re: RO2 & ArmA 3 (the PC exclusives) look like shit   Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:56 am

Ok will do
Back to top Go down
DTECH
Master of Facts, Factual Evidence, and Facts
avatar

Posts : 4541
Points : 4745
Reputation : -115
Join date : 2010-03-19
Location : Here

PostSubject: Re: RO2 & ArmA 3 (the PC exclusives) look like shit   Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:57 am

Back to top Go down
DTECH
Master of Facts, Factual Evidence, and Facts
avatar

Posts : 4541
Points : 4745
Reputation : -115
Join date : 2010-03-19
Location : Here

PostSubject: Re: RO2 & ArmA 3 (the PC exclusives) look like shit   Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:00 am

Oh ya you will have to keep us informed as to how the thread does in there, no way in fuck Ill actually remember to check that shit
Back to top Go down
Eradicated
Murderous Crack Fiend
avatar

Posts : 1138
Points : 1214
Reputation : 28
Join date : 2010-03-23
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: RO2 & ArmA 3 (the PC exclusives) look like shit   Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:17 am

DTECH wrote:
Oh ya you will have to keep us informed as to how the thread does in there, no way in fuck Ill actually remember to check that shit
You can see it in your recent post sections.
Back to top Go down
DTECH
Master of Facts, Factual Evidence, and Facts
avatar

Posts : 4541
Points : 4745
Reputation : -115
Join date : 2010-03-19
Location : Here

PostSubject: Re: RO2 & ArmA 3 (the PC exclusives) look like shit   Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:25 am

Eradicated wrote:

You can see it in your recent post sections.

To much work and after today Ill forget about it, only way Ill even remember posting it is by looking on here

Same goes with GB, Ive already forgotten what I posted over there and in what threads
Back to top Go down
Eradicated
Murderous Crack Fiend
avatar

Posts : 1138
Points : 1214
Reputation : 28
Join date : 2010-03-23
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: RO2 & ArmA 3 (the PC exclusives) look like shit   Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:32 am

lol GB....havent even posted there...same with CG.....although smots getting his panties in a twist again and needs his picture posted to calm down....



EDIT: Their changed to there before Amp kills me.


Last edited by Eradicated on Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DTECH
Master of Facts, Factual Evidence, and Facts
avatar

Posts : 4541
Points : 4745
Reputation : -115
Join date : 2010-03-19
Location : Here

PostSubject: Re: RO2 & ArmA 3 (the PC exclusives) look like shit   Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:37 pm

Eradicated wrote:
lol GB....havent even posted their...same with CG.....although smots getting his panties in a twist again and needs his picture posted to calm down....

You havent posted their? weird
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker


Posts : 4915
Points : 5512
Reputation : -9
Join date : 2010-03-19
Age : 23
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: RO2 & ArmA 3 (the PC exclusives) look like shit   Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:40 pm

Lol... also penguins.

_________________
Back to top Go down
xALIENAx
Completely Sane and Normal Individual
avatar

Posts : 593
Points : 668
Reputation : -12
Join date : 2011-05-10
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: RO2 & ArmA 3 (the PC exclusives) look like shit   Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:25 pm

Console Kiddies goinna hate.

Arma is not about eye-Poping imersiive graphics, or detailed destruction. It's a war-Sim. It's target Audience is us "No-Lifers" and "Arm-Chair generals" who never play without a clan in tow, And i Assure you Arma 3 will be well received. As for RO- Thats more a Feature thing then quality 1v1 game play.

Have fun with your simple Arcade game play, Have fun with your Mind-Numbing was-rinse-repeat Stock game mode, No server browsing, private servers, and no hope of avoiding lag. You CoD and Bad company humpers are not wanted and not needed in Arma 3.
Back to top Go down
xALIENAx
Completely Sane and Normal Individual
avatar

Posts : 593
Points : 668
Reputation : -12
Join date : 2011-05-10
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: RO2 & ArmA 3 (the PC exclusives) look like shit   Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:27 pm

Fido wrote:
Finally. I've thought this for a while. Arma looks nice on the scale of it but when you get down to the individual level (where you'll be playing at) it looks shit.

Never heard of RO2 so I won't comment there.
Let me guess CoD FTW?
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
avatar

Posts : 5464
Points : 5952
Reputation : 43
Join date : 2010-04-18

PostSubject: Re: RO2 & ArmA 3 (the PC exclusives) look like shit   Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:36 pm

Al, look at it this way: You suck at every single game you play.
Back to top Go down
SomeMexicanGuy
TL;DR
avatar

Posts : 803
Points : 828
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2010-04-11
Age : 24
Location : California

PostSubject: Re: RO2 & ArmA 3 (the PC exclusives) look like shit   Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:03 pm

^+1
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
avatar

Posts : 5996
Points : 6333
Reputation : 55
Join date : 2010-04-30
Age : 27
Location : California/Oregon

PostSubject: Re: RO2 & ArmA 3 (the PC exclusives) look like shit   Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:25 pm

Meh. I found the Brother in Arms one to be better in terms of "realism." AA3 feels like a mashup of Counterstrike and CoD.

_________________
gut wrote:
Skresh is a 20 year old african american homosexual furfag, but hes ALSO... NARNFORNIA, a level 82 nig-elf afro-magician orc slayer in world of warcraft.
Back to top Go down
DTECH
Master of Facts, Factual Evidence, and Facts
avatar

Posts : 4541
Points : 4745
Reputation : -115
Join date : 2010-03-19
Location : Here

PostSubject: Re: RO2 & ArmA 3 (the PC exclusives) look like shit   Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:02 pm

xALIENAx wrote:
Console Kiddies goinna hate.

Arma is not about eye-Poping imersiive graphics, or detailed destruction. It's a war-Sim. It's target Audience is us "No-Lifers" and "Arm-Chair generals" who never play without a clan in tow, And i Assure you Arma 3 will be well received. As for RO- Thats more a Feature thing then quality 1v1 game play.

Have fun with your simple Arcade game play, Have fun with your Mind-Numbing was-rinse-repeat Stock game mode, No server browsing, private servers, and no hope of avoiding lag. You CoD and Bad company humpers are not wanted and not needed in Arma 3.

My shit will also be well received in the toilet..... coincedence?

Back to top Go down
sPurMiN_gErMin
Lederhosen
avatar

Posts : 635
Points : 788
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2010-04-22
Location : in your bush

PostSubject: Re: RO2 & ArmA 3 (the PC exclusives) look like shit   Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:48 am

xALIENAx wrote:
Console Kiddies goinna hate.

Arma is not about eye-Poping imersiive graphics, or detailed destruction. It's a war-Sim. It's target Audience is us "No-Lifers" and "Arm-Chair generals" who never play without a clan in tow, And i Assure you Arma 3 will be well received. As for RO- Thats more a Feature thing then quality 1v1 game play.

Have fun with your simple Arcade game play, Have fun with your Mind-Numbing was-rinse-repeat Stock game mode, No server browsing, private servers, and no hope of avoiding lag. You CoD and Bad company humpers are not wanted and not needed in Arma 3.



Do all of us a favour please...



Die.



/thread
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
avatar

Posts : 8156
Points : 8616
Reputation : 47
Join date : 2010-03-22
Age : 36
Location : Cali baby

PostSubject: Re: RO2 & ArmA 3 (the PC exclusives) look like shit   Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:21 pm

"war sim" is stupid...

war isn't fucking fun

Games are supposed to be fun.

/argument

_________________
Back to top Go down
FFigh
Property of Gametanamo
avatar

Posts : 753
Points : 825
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2010-03-27

PostSubject: Re: RO2 & ArmA 3 (the PC exclusives) look like shit   Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:48 pm

I understand that people have different tastes but I fail to see how a game where you spend 30ish minutes doing next to nothing and then get 1HKilled out of nowhere is fun. I watched some Project Reality gameplay (it was named something like "best teamwork ever"), 2 guys were sitting in a bush for 15 minutes, doing nothing but talking to eachother, then they ran into a building, planted some C4 and ran out - end of the video. WTF. And the comments were like "that's awesome dudes" "sick video dude" "rad video dude" etc.

Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
avatar

Posts : 8156
Points : 8616
Reputation : 47
Join date : 2010-03-22
Age : 36
Location : Cali baby

PostSubject: Re: RO2 & ArmA 3 (the PC exclusives) look like shit   Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:52 pm

Yah I don't get it....

I guess it's just a bunch of peeps who wish they could be in the army but aren't? or ar in the army and think that it makes them bad ass at a video game?

I'm sure most fall into 1 of those 2 categories.

_________________
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: RO2 & ArmA 3 (the PC exclusives) look like shit   

Back to top Go down
 
RO2 & ArmA 3 (the PC exclusives) look like shit
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Arma II (FPS Players?)
» Topic : Is it Reality... or Fantasy? ArmA 3 Engine
» ArmA Vietnam
» GUI themes
» SDCC 2011 Reveals

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gametanamo Gaming Community :: Games :: Gaming-
Jump to: