Gametanamo Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for degenerates to shoot shit about their favorite hobby

HomeHomepageLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Annihilation Map Pack

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
AmPLiFiKaTioN
Astro Jesus
AmPLiFiKaTioN

Annihilation Map Pack Empty
PostSubject: Annihilation Map Pack   Annihilation Map Pack Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 4:20 pm

First thoughts: Wow, these maps are stunning. They look gorgeous.

The first map I played was Hangar 18. I thought it was pretty fun; not a lot of places to successfully camp, and you can always count on killing someone with a napalm strike if you aim it over the Blackbird. I want to know what's up with that floating apple, though. I feel like there's something you need to do to set the apple free, sort of like the bonus music in Nuketown if you knock off all the heads quickly. I'm probably wrong on that one, but it just gives me the feeling that there's something else to that map.

Second map I played was Hazard. Not a fan. Graphically it's awesome, and it brings back memories of World At War, but I hate playing it. It's tolerable if you use the FN FAL, but anything else and it's just fucking annoying.

Third map I played was Drive-In. My favorite map in the entire game bar none. It's the perfect blend of close quarters and medium range gunplay. Great for quickscoping, not only in private servers but in pubs as well. I had a nice little 7 kill streak while quickscoping on that map, which is saying something considering it's a public lobby and I'm not the best quickscoper ever. I love that they made the room behind the screen accessible via both sides and that the window/opening is so small, which encourages players not to camp. IMO, it's the best laid-out map of the bunch.

The last map I played was Silo. It was alright. Not a huge fan of it, but it was decent. It's great if people don't camp; lots of ways to make it around the map, tons of ways to flank, etc. But if people start camping on top of the silos and in those damn windows (if you've played it you know what I'm talking about) then it's no fun at all. Just becomes a game of kill the camper while trying desperately not to get picked off and/or hit a claymore.

All in all, definitely my favorite map pack of the bunch, and I'm looking forward to many games on Drive-In. cheers
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: Annihilation Map Pack   Annihilation Map Pack Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 4:25 pm

AmPLiFiKaTioN wrote:
The last map I played was Silo. It was alright. Not a huge fan of it, but it was decent. It's great if people don't camp; lots of ways to make it around the map, tons of ways to flank, etc. But if people start camping on top of the silos and in those damn windows (if you've played it you know what I'm talking about) then it's no fun at all. Just becomes a game of kill the camper while trying desperately not to get picked off and/or hit a claymore.
You kidding? I can get 15-20 kills in that spot with the bolt-action, especially with my buddy covering me with a silenced SPAS/motion sensor.
Back to top Go down
AmPLiFiKaTioN
Astro Jesus
AmPLiFiKaTioN

PostSubject: Re: Annihilation Map Pack   Annihilation Map Pack Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 4:38 pm

It's fine when one person does it, but when the entire opposition is camping in windows/on top of things that's when the game gets shitty.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Annihilation Map Pack   Annihilation Map Pack Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Annihilation Map Pack
Page 1 of 1