Gametanamo Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for degenerates to shoot shit about their favorite hobby

HomeHomepageLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Alpha Impressions

Go down 
+15
xXJon2011Xx
VILE
Alyss
FFigh
Skreshavik
the_Fetophagist
Eradicated
DTECH
GorillazInm1st
St NickelStew
RoninHo'in
spacefox
Fido
Hawk
xALIENAx
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
xALIENAx
Completely Sane and Normal Individual
xALIENAx

Alpha Impressions Empty
PostSubject: Alpha Impressions   Alpha Impressions Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 2:56 am

First of I'm already sick of playing BF3 after about 10 games.

GOOD THINGS:
I like the HUD for the most part. Its much sharper then BC2, and yes it is reminiscent of MoH, but i don't care. It looks good imho. The game runs much smoother on the PC then BC2 did, Looks like we finally see FB optimized for PC. What else good can i say.. Uhm.. I think that's it... Ohh and the textures look really good.

The Bad Things:
Looks Like we can expect BC3... Actually it's like its more like BC (od)3. It's even more call-of-duty-fied then BC2. Stupid bonuses for Killing a guy who was shooting at you etc. Really bleh. Also it puts "some bonus" across the lower portion of your screen in flashy text, Again breaking immersion and make it look even more Arcadey. Now for the really bad, 3-d Spotting is back. I have decided not to buy for console based on that alone. I will never EVER buy a game with 3d spot again. Ever. Also the Killer Info looks like a place-holder for a BC2 style Killer cam.

Dice said they wanted to lower the Threshold with BC3, Well the certainly have. Im sorry but im not loyal to devs. I want a GOOD product with some damn shelf life, and it doesn't look like this is going to be it. I have no more or less respect for DICE then i do For activision, Bohemia, Bunjie, or any other dev. I dont give a rats ass about them.

I have lost all faith in the people making BF3, it is NOT a sequel to the real BF games, Its going to be another peice of Arcade SHIT Just like Bad company. But worse. Maybe we'll have enough Server options on PC to salvage it, Maybe not. Hopes are pretty low.

FUCK YOU DICE
Back to top Go down
Hawk
Hawk
Hawk

Alpha Impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alpha Impressions   Alpha Impressions Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 3:02 am

The more like CoD the better
Back to top Go down
xALIENAx
xALIENAx

Alpha Impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alpha Impressions   Alpha Impressions Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 3:17 am

Hawk wrote:
The more like CoD the better
Fuck off. You cod scrubs can have your simplistic gameplay.

Really hawk, I like you and all man, But I'd rather stop Gaming entirely then play more simplistic arcadey trash.
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

Alpha Impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alpha Impressions   Alpha Impressions Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 11:59 am

tldr
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

Alpha Impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alpha Impressions   Alpha Impressions Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 2:34 pm

Disappointing.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

Alpha Impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alpha Impressions   Alpha Impressions Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 3:00 pm

haha

3d spotting...
killcam...

yah, u been under a fuckin rock? EVERYONE has known that those are in for a while now.

Ever hear of WookieMode mode? Kinda removes all that shit.

And who gives a flyin fuck about point rewards? hopefully they'll just tone it down a bit. but that's not gameplay anyways.

You haven't slighted my opinion in the least.... except maybe the bit about point rewards flashing up to big and bright... it's just ugly but not game breaking
Back to top Go down
St NickelStew
Midget
St NickelStew

Alpha Impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alpha Impressions   Alpha Impressions Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 3:41 pm

Yep, I am still excited about BF3.
Back to top Go down
GorillazInm1st
TITS or GTFO
GorillazInm1st

Alpha Impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alpha Impressions   Alpha Impressions Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 5:13 pm

I've watched a few of the rush mode gameplays...not overly impressed by any means.
Back to top Go down
DTECH
Master of Facts, Factual Evidence, and Facts
DTECH

Alpha Impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alpha Impressions   Alpha Impressions Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 6:00 pm

What is the object detection like? for me that is the most annoying part of BC2, almost smashed my controller a few times last week cuz of it
Back to top Go down
GorillazInm1st
TITS or GTFO
GorillazInm1st

Alpha Impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alpha Impressions   Alpha Impressions Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 6:02 pm

DTECH wrote:
What is the object detection like? for me that is the most annoying part of BC2, almost smashed my controller a few times last week cuz of it
Lulz, looks the same as BC2. I assume you mean the difficulty your soldier has in climbing over a half inch pile of rubble?
Back to top Go down
DTECH
DTECH

Alpha Impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alpha Impressions   Alpha Impressions Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 6:12 pm

GorillazInm1st wrote:
Lulz, looks the same as BC2. I assume you mean the difficulty your soldier has in climbing over a half inch pile of rubble?

Getting past a blade of grass, going through a door, sinking 12 feet under the ground when you jump off a 2 foot cement box...... ya that

To me that is game breaking, I already get killed by bending bullets, at least allow me to run away without get stuck on a fucking door jamb
Back to top Go down
Eradicated
Murderous Crack Fiend
Eradicated

Alpha Impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alpha Impressions   Alpha Impressions Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 6:16 pm

Speaking of doors, remember the BC1 doorway suicide glitch? That was pure lols, the houses on Oasis CQ/last base rush were a fucking deathtrap.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

Alpha Impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alpha Impressions   Alpha Impressions Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 6:19 pm

^ I remember that shit....

hilarious.

You could prevent it by pulling back on LS right when you go through the door and you get accelerated.

That's what was happening, somehow it super increased your speed.... and you smashed into the far wall at free fall speed.

Like mario cart speed plates lmao
Back to top Go down
GorillazInm1st
TITS or GTFO
GorillazInm1st

Alpha Impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alpha Impressions   Alpha Impressions Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 6:24 pm

lol, I miss that.

Couldn't you die if you collided with a team mate hard enough?
Back to top Go down
Eradicated
Murderous Crack Fiend
Eradicated

Alpha Impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alpha Impressions   Alpha Impressions Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 6:39 pm

GorillazInm1st wrote:
lol, I miss that.

Couldn't you die if you collided with a team mate hard enough?
hahahaha yeah. Two guys sprinting at each other caused damage...fucking stupid.....

BC1 had tons of faggoty glitches, but the few good ones there were, they were epic.
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

Alpha Impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alpha Impressions   Alpha Impressions Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 6:40 pm

You can still do that in BC2. That's called bull runs.
Back to top Go down
xALIENAx
xALIENAx

Alpha Impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alpha Impressions   Alpha Impressions Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 9:30 pm

the terrain collision actually seems improved in BC3- even jumping on rocks and stuff near the "park" outside i never once got stuck jogging in place or bouncing glitchy like BC2
Back to top Go down
xALIENAx
xALIENAx

Alpha Impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alpha Impressions   Alpha Impressions Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 9:38 pm

RoninHo'in wrote:
haha

3d spotting...
killcam...

yah, u been under a fuckin rock? EVERYONE has known that those are in for a while now.

Ever hear of WookieMode mode? Kinda removes all that shit.

And who gives a flyin fuck about point rewards? hopefully they'll just tone it down a bit. but that's not gameplay anyways.

You haven't slighted my opinion in the least.... except maybe the bit about point rewards flashing up to big and bright... it's just ugly but not game breaking

Hard core? really?

More problems that have turned me off about BF3-

Reduced kits and combined their functions in to trees (no more Rock paper scissors balance) you should have to choose a specific thing to be good for and suffer in other areas.

No commander Looks like more randomness run around and do what ever.

by virtue of no commander, NO commander assets- Yes lets have some COD scrub manning our UAV or directing artillery or something.. assuming we even get such features. lord knows DICE's new audience would find them too complex and cry OP

I believe Vehicle health Regen was confirmed tho i've yet to get my hands on that lone APC in the alpha.

I want a complex game with a steep learning curve and endless options that will keep me coming back day after day for 3+ years like BF2 did. I don't think this is it
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

Alpha Impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alpha Impressions   Alpha Impressions Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 10:02 pm

Yeah a steep learning curve is hard to come by these days.
Back to top Go down
xALIENAx
xALIENAx

Alpha Impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alpha Impressions   Alpha Impressions Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 10:05 pm

spacefox wrote:
Lower Threshold + Drip Feed DLC + Simple = Short Shelf life.
Back to top Go down
the_Fetophagist
Unrestrained Psychotic Stalker
the_Fetophagist

Alpha Impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alpha Impressions   Alpha Impressions Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 10:32 pm

The "too arcadey" insult usually translates into "I suck at the game."
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

Alpha Impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alpha Impressions   Alpha Impressions Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 11:21 pm

spacefox wrote:
A steep learning curve is also a huge turnoff except to WookieMode players, veterans, and fanboys, not really what Battlefield is about.
Back to top Go down
xALIENAx
xALIENAx

Alpha Impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alpha Impressions   Alpha Impressions Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 11:59 pm

Skreshavik wrote:

A steep learning curve is also a huge turnoff except to Hard core players, veterans, and fanboys, not really what Battlefield is about.
Used to be. You either were willing to get raped for a few months learning the ways of BF, and work in cordinated teams, or you rages, Smashed your hand to your head, and left never to re turn. those who pussied out of BF2 cuz they couldn't take the heat were not missed at all, and i wouldn't WANT them on my team anyways.

If you make a mistake, You should die.
If you lone-Wolf, you deserve to fail
If you don't cooperate and use tactics, you deserve to fail.
If you camp protecting your KD you deserve to be raped.

If anything its the people who DO WANT arcadey game play who Suck. They aren't willing to put in the time to learn the maps, the vantage points, etc. They need garbage like Spotting and Kill cams cuz' they can't figure out where they're being shot from and loard knows they cant team up in game and cover each other's advances. They need regen because they don't use teamwork.

You can call us Fags, No-Lifers, Elitists, I don't care. The BF2 General's Club > 99% of bad company players. Why? Because we put in the Hours, the work, and the dedication to learn every tactic, every map, every play style, and how to counter it. All those Call of Duty arcade pub Scrubs can go / wrists, I won't Miss them at all. We never needed Kill cams or triangles to win games. We never needed Spawn protection on revives, or Regenerating health. Nor did we need nerfed vehicles.

All i got to say to the "New generation" of bf players is:
Alpha Impressions 683886 Alpha Impressions 683886 Alpha Impressions 683886
Back to top Go down
DTECH
DTECH

Alpha Impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alpha Impressions   Alpha Impressions Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 12:51 am

xALIENAx wrote:
the terrain collision actually seems improved in BC3- even jumping on rocks and stuff near the "park" outside i never once got stuck jogging in place or bouncing glitchy like BC2

Thank fuck.....

I feel better about pre ordering this now
Back to top Go down
Hawk
Hawk
Hawk

Alpha Impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alpha Impressions   Alpha Impressions Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 2:06 am

xALIENAx wrote:

If you make a mistake, You should die.
If you lone-Wolf, you deserve to fail
If you don't cooperate and use tactics, you deserve to fail.
If you camp protecting your KD you deserve to be raped.

If you lone wolf, but are an extreme badass you do not deserve to fail.
If you have the ability to not use tactics and just go in and rape everyone you do not deserve to fail.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Alpha Impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alpha Impressions   Alpha Impressions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alpha Impressions
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next