Gametanamo Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for degenerates to shoot shit about their favorite hobby

HomeHomepageLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Operation Metro

Go down 
+17
ShowyAsh
xTh3rMo5x
DTECH
the_Fetophagist
St NickelStew
VILE
Skreshavik
bat
CptnShotgun
Eradicated
Alyss
Buck
GorillazInm1st
AmPLiFiKaTioN
RoninHo'in
DGAF
spacefox
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Alyss
The Hanged Woman
Alyss

Operation Metro - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Operation Metro   Operation Metro - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 2:17 pm

gut wrote:
Honestly, any game gets repetitive.
....yeah, fair enough. I think BC2 does pretty well though, considering I still play it from time to time and I've put over 500 hours into.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AlyssSilence
St NickelStew
Midget
St NickelStew

PostSubject: Re: Operation Metro   Operation Metro - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 2:28 pm

Alyss wrote:
....yeah, fair enough. I think BC2 does pretty well though, considering I still play it from time to time and I've put over 500 hours into.

Yup.

The trailers look good, particularly the tank one. I don't really prefer urban maps, so the metro trailer wasn't as appealing. The gameplay clearly looks changed/improved from BC2. I bet the HUD doesn't have the same colors as BC2 when the final game comes out. Seems like it would be easy to change colors and some of those little things later on.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Operation Metro   Operation Metro - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 2:29 pm

they are still using BC2 class icons even.... medic Icon for support and assault for... well, it's still "Assault" but it's also the medic... prolly keep the lightning bolt and change Supports icon...

anyways, point is that skinning the HUD is probably one of the last things that will happen, and they are prolly toying with numerous tweaks to it.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Operation Metro   Operation Metro - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 2:31 pm

@Nickle: I love urban fighting... Metro trailer looks sick IMO... I hope they include those map playlists I've been buggin em for since pre-BC2 launch (since I saw it on BFHeroes Beta actually)
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

PostSubject: Re: Operation Metro   Operation Metro - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 4:12 pm

Alyss wrote:
Jesus Christ, Space you are a massive faggot and hope you drown. How can you not be mad crazy excited for all the BF3 goodness after seeing stuff like this, and this:
Yeah well... your mom.

I just want there to be some differentiation between BF3 and BC3.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Operation Metro   Operation Metro - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 4:12 pm

We haven't seen the Big MP maps yet....
Back to top Go down
Alyss
The Hanged Woman
Alyss

PostSubject: Re: Operation Metro   Operation Metro - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 4:33 pm

SpaceFox wrote:

Yeah well... your mom.

I just want there to be some differentiation between BF3 and BC3.
>Jets
>Prone
>Different maps
>Different engines
>The fact that BC3 doesn't exist
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AlyssSilence
the_Fetophagist
Unrestrained Psychotic Stalker
the_Fetophagist

PostSubject: Re: Operation Metro   Operation Metro - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 7:57 pm

Somebody get me a good gaming PC to enjoy BF3 to its fullest. Operation Metro - Page 2 339211
Back to top Go down
DTECH
Master of Facts, Factual Evidence, and Facts
DTECH

PostSubject: Re: Operation Metro   Operation Metro - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 8:45 pm

Alyss wrote:
>Jets
>Prone
>Different maps
>Different engines
>The fact that BC3 doesn't exist

LMAO owned

And I think it looks fucking amazing, I cant wait to play that laggy piece of shit
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

PostSubject: Re: Operation Metro   Operation Metro - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 10:31 pm

They'll make one.

And yeah it looks amazing graphically/in terms of action/quality, but I can't wait to see all the problems that plague it when we finally get to play it.
Back to top Go down
xTh3rMo5x
Faggot
xTh3rMo5x

PostSubject: Re: Operation Metro   Operation Metro - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 11:31 pm

gut wrote:
Even if it was only the tip it would still hurt like fuck.
Nice refutal.
Back to top Go down
ShowyAsh
Midget
ShowyAsh

PostSubject: Re: Operation Metro   Operation Metro - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 4:42 pm

I just want console footage!!!! Our version is going to look nothing like this. I feel a screwjob coming.
Back to top Go down
Hawk
Hawk
Hawk

PostSubject: Re: Operation Metro   Operation Metro - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 5:09 pm

I want the Sensitivity options to go higher, and 60FPS but whatever.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Operation Metro   Operation Metro - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 11:36 am

ShowyAsh wrote:
I just want console footage!!!! Our version is going to look nothing like this. I feel a screwjob coming.

Console footage is this thursday...

the 2 screens of PS3 footage from the Frostbite 2 trailer look promising though... lower texture resolution, but really.... you had a hard time noticing it until you took stills and put em up side by side.
Back to top Go down
FFigh
Property of Gametanamo
FFigh

PostSubject: Re: Operation Metro   Operation Metro - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 2:13 pm

I have a hard time believing that the maps will be huge etc unless it's a Heavy metal type map with nothing in it... The city maps (and operation metro) bring CoD to my mind, detailed BUT small maps.

...I mean, can you imagine playing with 24 players, the maps being big (BC2 size or bigger) AND having places like subways and houses that you can enter?

I wonder if Operation Metro will be a map (so the whole map is actually set in the subway) or if it's only a part of a map?

If it's a "full map" set in the subway, I predict a very shitty BF3 (in terms of "being BF")... Probably vehicle maps = Big open area with nothing in it (the tank footage we've seen), infantry maps = CoD sized movie sets.

Anyone else think that most of the houses wont be accessible? They just seem really "static" to me.
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: Operation Metro   Operation Metro - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 2:19 pm

Depends. Even though the PS3 and the ecksbawks are practically ancient, D2.0 was a huge resource-whore for the Frostbite engine. I'll expect it to be on par with BF2:MC, if not better in terms of map size.
Back to top Go down
xALIENAx
Completely Sane and Normal Individual
xALIENAx

PostSubject: Re: Operation Metro   Operation Metro - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 2:22 pm

Im not too optimistic about MP mechanics atm from what we've been told.. Leaves me guessing how the maps will be.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Operation Metro   Operation Metro - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 3:01 pm

I expect the large maps to utilize clever design to obstruct LoS (ie; those smoke plumes from the screen in the jet cockpit, birms, etc) and then to condense their structures to the flag zones.... much akin to Atacama and HM.

The smaller Infantry maps will be like metro and be dense with buildings and destructable environments....

THe buildings will not be static... you can run into any of them... otherwise they'd have to make the building indestructible which would kinda ruin the game IMO... toatally breaking immersion
Back to top Go down
FFigh
Property of Gametanamo
FFigh

PostSubject: Re: Operation Metro   Operation Metro - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 2:02 pm

RoninHo'in wrote:

THe buildings will not be static... you can run into any of them... otherwise they'd have to make the building indestructible which would kinda ruin the game IMO... toatally breaking immersion

I fear that the buildings will have destruction similar to the concrete blocks in BC2, so that only parts of the surface can be destroyed but the whole wall/building can never be fully blown up.
Back to top Go down
HalfMiHeadBarbie
Habitual Offender
HalfMiHeadBarbie

PostSubject: Re: Operation Metro   Operation Metro - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 12:31 pm

FFigh wrote:

I fear that the buildings will have destruction similar to the concrete blocks in BC2, so that only parts of the surface can be destroyed but the whole wall/building can never be fully blown up.

Why would the go backwards? They built up parts of there fan base around being able to blow shit up and collapsing buildings to change the map. What I want to see is buildings falling sideways and not just implode on it self like this

or even
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Operation Metro   Operation Metro - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 9:13 pm

^That would be amazing....

If they went with actual structural physics though I think maps might fall flat to fast
Back to top Go down
HalfMiHeadBarbie
Habitual Offender
HalfMiHeadBarbie

PostSubject: Re: Operation Metro   Operation Metro - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 10:58 am

RoninHo'in wrote:
^That would be amazing....

If they went with actual structural physics though I think maps might fall flat to fast
I would love to see the achievement for sniping someone with a head shot
at long distance with red dot scope while your building is falling
sideways.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Operation Metro   Operation Metro - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Operation Metro
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2