Gametanamo Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for degenerates to shoot shit about their favorite hobby

HomeHomepageLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

LA Noire

Go down 
+9
Alyss
CptnShotgun
Fido
RoninHo'in
Vanished
GorillazInm1st
DGAF
Hawk
spacefox
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

LA Noire - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LA Noire   LA Noire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 11:56 am

CptnShotgun wrote:
SpaceFox wrote:

I've never played ME2 so idk.

And Sky, speaking of that are you getting a gaming PC for BF3? I am. Very Happy

You really owe it to yourself to play it, I agree with Ronin, game of the year by far. It's open enough that you can explore and do side missions, but also linear enough so you don't get that "What the fuck do I do" syndrome. The dialogue's immense, the humour witty, the story's rock-solid, the combat's balanced and epic every battle, the powers fun and interesting (biotic charging into a group of enemies on Insanity and pulling it off never gets old) and all in all it's a fucking amazing game.

If ME3 is anything like number 2 I'll be happy.

yah, I went with ME2.. I've got like 4DLC to play through on my first char, and I want a vanguard, and maybe a couple others, to also play ME3 with (Finished ME2 once with a sentinel... shoulda saved the sentinel for insanity actually, that shield they get is amazing
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

LA Noire - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LA Noire   LA Noire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 3:55 pm

CptnShotgun wrote:
SpaceFox wrote:

I've never played ME2 so idk.

And Sky, speaking of that are you getting a gaming PC for BF3? I am. Very Happy

You really owe it to yourself to play it, I agree with Ronin, game of the year by far. It's open enough that you can explore and do side missions, but also linear enough so you don't get that "What the fuck do I do" syndrome. The dialogue's immense, the humour witty, the story's rock-solid, the combat's balanced and epic every battle, the powers fun and interesting (biotic charging into a group of enemies on Insanity and pulling it off never gets old) and all in all it's a fucking amazing game.

If ME3 is anything like number 2 I'll be happy.
I'll play it eventually. I played the demo and really liked it.

And Sky, well that sucks.
Back to top Go down
DGAF
Homosexual male
DGAF

LA Noire - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LA Noire   LA Noire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 5:10 pm

I mow lawns, yo.
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

LA Noire - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LA Noire   LA Noire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 6:16 pm

Nice, least youre making money.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

LA Noire - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LA Noire   LA Noire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 6:41 pm

that's more then 20% of americans can say scratch
Back to top Go down
sPurMiN_gErMin
Lederhosen
sPurMiN_gErMin

LA Noire - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LA Noire   LA Noire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 9:27 am

First review is online.

The Guardian gave it a perfect score of 100.
Guardian
May 12, 2011

Ever since it first worked out how to assemble pixels so that they resembled something more recognisable than aliens, the games industry has dreamed of creating one thing above all else – a game that is indistinguishable from a film, except that you can control the lead character. With LA Noire, it just might, finally, have found the embodiment of that particular holy grail.

What do the british guys say to the guardian? Do these guys have the slightest clue about games?
Back to top Go down
GnarlyBromance
Admin
GnarlyBromance

LA Noire - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LA Noire   LA Noire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 10:09 am

Rockstar has abandoned the PC...boooo
Back to top Go down
http://www.gametanamo.com
sPurMiN_gErMin
Lederhosen
sPurMiN_gErMin

LA Noire - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LA Noire   LA Noire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 10:10 am

GnarlyBromance wrote:
My opinion...boooo

fixd for ya.
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

LA Noire - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LA Noire   LA Noire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 10:43 am

Was RDR on the PC?
Back to top Go down
GnarlyBromance
Admin
GnarlyBromance

LA Noire - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LA Noire   LA Noire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 10:59 am

Nope, GTA4 was, but it took them 8 months to port it and it was buggy. It is patched and run fines now.

I don't see why, PC sales have been solid and growing. From a business perspective I doubt they save that much money in development, especially since coding for Xbox is similar to my knowledge. Just takes work to optimize and maybe change the menu systems (as well as adding graphics options and such)
Back to top Go down
http://www.gametanamo.com
Fido
emo
Fido

LA Noire - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LA Noire   LA Noire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 1:45 pm

Even if I believe that PC sales are increasing, I can't imagine console sales are decreasing... I don't know the data but I really can't imagine a world in which console sales wouldn't be increasing at a greater rate than PC sales.

I only know a few PC gamers in person, and for every single individual one I can say they're into games like WoW and their love for those games borders on obsession. I only know one decent one who isn't a scumbag creeper, and he's dating my sister so I'm convinced he's just hiding it. Everyone else I know who games has a console. It's just not conceivable that PC gaming has a large market share.

You know just on Black Ops there's over half a million people online at any point in time on PS3. If I were a PC gamer I'd be happy just to get a port. RDR is the best game since Vice City.

I think I want to buy LA Noire today. I sold some books back and I can afford it and it's summer so I won't be wasting a tank of gas on school every week and a half anymore. I really want this game.
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

LA Noire - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LA Noire   LA Noire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 1:55 pm

Preordered. I just remembered I had a 20 dollar credit thing from Amazon... expires in June. lol. Should arrive tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
sPurMiN_gErMin
Lederhosen
sPurMiN_gErMin

LA Noire - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LA Noire   LA Noire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 2:56 pm

Fido wrote:
Preordered. I just remembered I had a 20 dollar credit thing from Amazon... expires in June. lol. Should arrive tomorrow.

Give feedback please. It will come out here on friday.
Back to top Go down
Hawk
Hawk
Hawk

LA Noire - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LA Noire   LA Noire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 3:25 pm

I think I might have one of those 20 dollar off things.

How do you check.
Back to top Go down
Alyss
The Hanged Woman
Alyss

LA Noire - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LA Noire   LA Noire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 5:03 pm

BacKdRafT wrote:
First review is online.

The Guardian gave it a perfect score of 100.
Guardian
May 12, 2011

Ever since it first worked out how to assemble pixels so that they resembled something more recognisable than aliens, the games industry has dreamed of creating one thing above all else – a game that is indistinguishable from a film, except that you can control the lead character. With LA Noire, it just might, finally, have found the embodiment of that particular holy grail.

What do the british guys say to the guardian? Do these guys have the slightest clue about games?
Generally they seem to be on the ball. Their reviews in the Guide (little weekend supplementary they do) are usually behind the times by a month or so, but none the less accurate. I don't properly trust any reviewer bar Yahtzee though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AlyssSilence
CptnShotgun
Eezo junkie
CptnShotgun

LA Noire - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LA Noire   LA Noire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 5:04 pm

Yahtzee, the Branston Pickle feasting God of reviewers.
Back to top Go down
Alyss
The Hanged Woman
Alyss

LA Noire - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LA Noire   LA Noire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 5:12 pm

^He's a little old-fashioned in his tastes; sometimes I have to read between the lines to really grasp whether I'll like something or not. But if he says a game's shit, it's definitely shit.
Back to top Go down
Alyss
The Hanged Woman
Alyss

LA Noire - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LA Noire   LA Noire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 5:18 pm

http://uk.kotaku.com/5802203/14-minutes-of-la-noires-unexpected-thrills
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

LA Noire - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LA Noire   LA Noire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 5:19 pm

Alyss wrote:
^He's a little old-fashioned in his tastes; sometimes I have to read between the lines to really grasp whether I'll like something or not. But if he says a game's shit, it's definitely shit.
Everything's shit to him.

Pretty much.
Back to top Go down
DGAF
Homosexual male
DGAF

LA Noire - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LA Noire   LA Noire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 5:21 pm

SpaceFox wrote:

Pretty much.

tl;dr
Back to top Go down
CptnShotgun
Eezo junkie
CptnShotgun

LA Noire - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LA Noire   LA Noire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 5:36 pm

SpaceFox wrote:

Pretty much.

No no no no no, you've got it all wrong. He likes a lot of the games he reviews, he just has an odd way of showing, occasionally he'll use the flaws of a game as a reason to like it, it's not as simple as "He hates everything".
Back to top Go down
DGAF
Homosexual male
DGAF

LA Noire - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LA Noire   LA Noire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 5:38 pm

Your a faggot

England is a faggot

Xbox is a faggot.

/thread

Last edited by DGAF on Mon May 16, 2011 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

LA Noire - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LA Noire   LA Noire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 5:44 pm

http://uk.kotaku.com/5802203/14-minutes-of-la-noires-unexpected-thrills

This vid is awesome! Kinda shows a little bit of everything about the game without giving any spoilers.
Back to top Go down
Alyss
The Hanged Woman
Alyss

LA Noire - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LA Noire   LA Noire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 5:51 pm

SpaceFox wrote:

Pretty much.
Of the last 5 games he reviewed...He liked Castlevania: SotN, Portal 2 (but not as much as 1), Crysis 2 (but not as much as 1), he sort of liked Yakuza 4 (certainly wasn't too critical of it), but didn't like Pokemon White.
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

LA Noire - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LA Noire   LA Noire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 6:39 pm

I'll give it a brief review tomorrow if I get it on time, but really, it's Rockstar... nothing more even needs to be said. It's worth purchasing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

LA Noire - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LA Noire   LA Noire - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LA Noire
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next