Gametanamo Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for degenerates to shoot shit about their favorite hobby

HomeHomepageLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Should killing unborn children (not abortion) be illegal?

Go down 
+2
Fido
Skreshavik
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

Should killing unborn children (not abortion) be illegal? Empty
PostSubject: Should killing unborn children (not abortion) be illegal?   Should killing unborn children (not abortion) be illegal? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 10:52 pm

An unborn child was killed in a hit-an-run accident and the defendant will not be charged for manslaughter or murder. Thoughts?

http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-sponsors-pull-crimes-against-unborn-children-bill-20110316,0,4574712.story
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

PostSubject: Re: Should killing unborn children (not abortion) be illegal?   Should killing unborn children (not abortion) be illegal? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 11:44 pm

Depends on intent. If you accidentally kill someone pregnant it really shouldn't be counted as 2 cases of manslaughter.

If you kill someone on purpose and they end up being pregnant, double homicide. In cases of hit and run I don't know if it would count, since it wasn't intentional and just the fact that he ran after it (making it a hit and run) doesn't change that. Just means he panicked and left the scene of the crime, but that's already a separate crime and doesn't affect the injuries dealt out. I think.

I can see why the abortion debate would follow this a bit. It would involve pro-choicers admitting the fetus is a living human being, and pro-lifers could use it to point out any hypocrisy from the choicers. To me it comes down on if the mother wants the child or not. Abortion's fine, killing someone's baby is murder.
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: Should killing unborn children (not abortion) be illegal?   Should killing unborn children (not abortion) be illegal? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 9:25 pm

Um...
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

PostSubject: Re: Should killing unborn children (not abortion) be illegal?   Should killing unborn children (not abortion) be illegal? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 9:36 pm

What?
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: Should killing unborn children (not abortion) be illegal?   Should killing unborn children (not abortion) be illegal? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 9:38 pm

I'm not sure if your trolling or made an honest misunderstanding.
Back to top Go down
DGAF
Homosexual male
DGAF

PostSubject: Re: Should killing unborn children (not abortion) be illegal?   Should killing unborn children (not abortion) be illegal? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 9:41 pm

How do you accidently kill someone? "Sorry about running your pregnant wife over, it was an accident. I hope I dont get charged with double homocide considering the circumstances."
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

PostSubject: Re: Should killing unborn children (not abortion) be illegal?   Should killing unborn children (not abortion) be illegal? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 9:54 pm

Maybe I misunderstood?

Which part seems odd? It's possible I made a weird error in typing.
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: Should killing unborn children (not abortion) be illegal?   Should killing unborn children (not abortion) be illegal? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 9:56 pm

I was referring to the unborn child itself being killed with no murder charges, not the mother with the child being killed with her.
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

PostSubject: Re: Should killing unborn children (not abortion) be illegal?   Should killing unborn children (not abortion) be illegal? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 10:15 pm

Yeah, halfway through my 2nd paragraph, and my 3rd paragraph, I talk about the story you linked to.

It's possible I was thinking too much before I decided to post and tried to reason it out in my head and came out with that rather than anything related to your link.
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: Should killing unborn children (not abortion) be illegal?   Should killing unborn children (not abortion) be illegal? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 10:22 pm

Alright, I see it at the last section of your paragraph.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Should killing unborn children (not abortion) be illegal?   Should killing unborn children (not abortion) be illegal? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 11:53 am

I think it's definitely manslaughter.... You might have slightly reduced penalties.... but FFS, unless she was on her way to the abortion clinic you just killed someone.
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

PostSubject: Re: Should killing unborn children (not abortion) be illegal?   Should killing unborn children (not abortion) be illegal? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 1:44 pm

Ronin0ni wrote:
I think it's definitely manslaughter.... You might have slightly reduced penalties.... but FFS, unless she was on her way to the abortion clinic you just killed someone.

Hahahaha, imagine the legal fight that would ensue if that happened.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Should killing unborn children (not abortion) be illegal?   Should killing unborn children (not abortion) be illegal? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 1:50 pm

they'd probably still prosecute even if she had a confirmed appointment lol
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

PostSubject: Re: Should killing unborn children (not abortion) be illegal?   Should killing unborn children (not abortion) be illegal? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 1:59 pm

"Doctor sues for theft and damages"
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Should killing unborn children (not abortion) be illegal?   Should killing unborn children (not abortion) be illegal? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 3:47 pm

lmao
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: Should killing unborn children (not abortion) be illegal?   Should killing unborn children (not abortion) be illegal? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 6:52 pm

Fido wrote:
Mersi'd.
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

PostSubject: Re: Should killing unborn children (not abortion) be illegal?   Should killing unborn children (not abortion) be illegal? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 7:54 pm

Fido wrote:
Lmfao
Back to top Go down
CptnShotgun
Eezo junkie
CptnShotgun

PostSubject: Re: Should killing unborn children (not abortion) be illegal?   Should killing unborn children (not abortion) be illegal? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 8:23 pm

Skreshavik wrote:

Mersi'd.

I have no Mersi button... D':
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: Should killing unborn children (not abortion) be illegal?   Should killing unborn children (not abortion) be illegal? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 8:24 pm

Create a thread, bitch.
Back to top Go down
CptnShotgun
Eezo junkie
CptnShotgun

PostSubject: Re: Should killing unborn children (not abortion) be illegal?   Should killing unborn children (not abortion) be illegal? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 8:30 pm

Skreshavik wrote:
Create a thread, bitch.

Screw you for no particular reason at all!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should killing unborn children (not abortion) be illegal?   Should killing unborn children (not abortion) be illegal? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Should killing unborn children (not abortion) be illegal?
Page 1 of 1