Back to top Go down
CptnShotgun
Eezo junkie

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon   Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:27 pm

Ah, the memories on Emerald:

Spending 3 days tracking down Latios.
Spending another 3 days catching the 3 Regi's
Searching for a Bagon, never found one
Getting my arse handed to me on battle hill because I brought a level 1 pichu and level 100 Rayquaza.

Good times.
Back to top Go down
GnarlyBromance
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon   Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:36 pm

CptnShotgun wrote:
Ah, the memories on Emerald:

Spending 3 days tracking down Latios.
Spending another 3 days catching the 3 Regi's
Searching for a Bagon, never found one
Getting my arse handed to me on battle hill because I brought a level 1 pichu and level 100 Rayquaza.

Good times.

Memories of EMERALD? more like memories of Red and Yellow...everything after red, blue and yellow is bullshit. The "new" pokemon aren't even realistic and based off of animals...everything past the first 151 is gaaaay.

Black and white...gameboy where it is aaatttt!! Psh...wireless DS bullshit. I had to use a link cable...and only ONE of our group of friends had one...ME, I was the link cable bitch that was always yelled at to bring it with me

Back to top Go down
http://www.gametanamo.com
AmPLiFiKaTioN
Astro Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon   Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:45 pm

GnarlyBromance wrote:

Memories of EMERALD? more like memories of Red and Yellow...everything after red, blue and yellow is bullshit. The "new" pokemon aren't even realistic and based off of animals...everything past the first 151 is gaaaay.

Black and white...gameboy where it is aaatttt!! Psh...wireless DS bullshit. I had to use a link cable...and only ONE of our group of friends had one...ME, I was the link cable bitch that was always yelled at to bring it with me
fudge yeah! I had 2 Blues and a Yellow. One of the Blues broke, hence why I had two lol. I thought Sapphire was pretty good, but they completely sucked after that... except for the Leaf Green/Fire Red remakes. Playing through LG again on my Gameboy Micro haha.
Back to top Go down
Hawk
Hawk

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon   Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:14 am

Yeah your right. I also hate the new god of war because it isn't as realistic as the first one.

and emerald ftw. i put 245 hours in before my friends little brother staying at my families cabin deleted my game.
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon   Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:36 am

Ive been playing Pokemon since I was 5. My 6th birthday party was Pokemon themed.

Ive played them all, and enjoyed them all. But yeah, the originals were the bomb. The 3rd gen was good too though, thats really when I started playing it with my friends in school. In 3rd grade... damn, everyone played Pokemon. Yeah btw Gnarly we had to use link cables too you tool.

The DS ones werent as good, it just lost its charm. Ive always bought the main Pokemon games on day 1.... I skipped Black/White.

Oh, and the gen 3 Pokemon were freaking badass. Aggron, Salamance, Rayquaza, Zangoose, Blaziken, aesthetically some of my favorite.

But Charizard > all

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon   Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:59 am

LMAO, my cousin has a SD DS cart he can download DS games for free, he came to mine and showed me him playing the new B/W. I was like give me that shit. its the first time Ive played since the original Gold/Silver.

The new gameplay is much more interesting with animated stuff going on in the battles and in the overworld. But the pokemon look retarded esp the starters.

I may have to go dig up my emulator and play red or blue.
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon   Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:05 am

I played it until Gold/Silver, then I was 12 or 13 and it went out of vogue. Plus after they released the 3rd batch I couldn't be bothered to memorize them all anymore.

I remember being so into it though that one particular thought stays with me... I remember thinking it was extremely important that whenever I have kids, I pass on my knowledge of pokemon. I was gonna teach them everything.

I still remember a lot of it though. I don't remember what my favorite was though. I remember I used to sell OG pokemon, the 3 from the 1st games... Charmander, Squirtle, and Bulbasaur, I think. I used to breed them in the Gold/Silver daycare center with dittos and basically left the thing on with the button taped down to simulate movement for an hour or two so I'd be guaranteed to get an egg... save, put new batteries in, put that egg in my pokemon thing, repeat process and sell the resulting pokemon at school for real money. 'Cause they were impossible to get except through trades.

they really are games you can come back to though. I still have my gameboy pocket somewhere and my pokemon gold too. I also had red, that was the first, but I lost that I think. Played it a lot summer before last. Got all the way to the end... beat Red (.......) and left it untouched since.
Back to top Go down
Daedra
Whilst
Whilst

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon   Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:52 am

I've not played since Silver. Blue and silver ftw.

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon   Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:55 am

Red and Gold > Blue & Silver.
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon   Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:22 pm

Fido wrote:
Red and Gold > Blue & Silver.
This if fact.

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon   Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:42 pm

It is fact... so that.
Back to top Go down
Daedra
Whilst
Whilst

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon   Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:10 pm

Pfft. Blue and silver smash red and gold into the dirt

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon   Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:22 pm

Red and Silver. Lugia was better than the flying fabulous in Gold.

spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon   Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:33 pm

Actually, Crystal > G/S. More to do and you can get both legends.

Whilst

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon   Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:12 pm

SpaceFox wrote:
Actually, Crystal > G/S. More to do and you can get both legends.

I never liked the "extra" game (yellow, crystal etc.) it seems to defeat the purpose of splitting it in the first place.

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon   Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:37 pm

I've been nostalgic lately so I'm playing through LeafGreen again. Gonna try to get a Hitmontop... should be interesting lol. My Kadabra absolutely rapes. Its Attack stat is at like 40, but its Special Attack stat is fudge crazy high, almost at 100. One hit KO on just about every Pokemon I've come across so far.
Back to top Go down
CptnShotgun
Eezo junkie

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon   Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:47 pm

I never gave a crap about stats. Rayquaza + Fly = One hit kill on everything, even Stephen's level 70 pokemon in Meteor Falls.

Although my favourite was by far Metagross.
Back to top Go down
Derozero
Property of Gametanamo

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon   Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:06 pm

I have never played Pokemon games or watched the TV series...
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon   Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:54 am

CptnShotgun wrote:
I never gave a crap about stats. Rayquaza + Fly = One hit kill on everything, even Stephen's level 70 pokemon in Meteor Falls.

Although my favourite was by far Metagross.
Metagross is raw. And Fly killed pretty much anything but it takes 2 turns to hit, theres really no point.

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon   Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:55 am

Those are all the newer ones... lame. Get with the OG pokemon.
Back to top Go down
bat
Gutman with a gat

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon   Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:49 am

Back when I was a young black kid, I owned a massive collection of pokemon cards.

Some doucher at school went and traded me a sparkly awesome card for 3 of my best cards, all sparkly cards.

Well, it was in a plastic case, and turned out to be fake, so I asked him over and over to return my cards, and he refused.

So I managed to get my hands on his notebook of cards through a mutual friend of ours (we all kept our goods in notebooks with pages made of sleeves in which we kept our cards)

Well, I remember clearly: before I gave it back to him the next day, I raped him for ALL his sparkly cards, ALL his rare cards in general, and all the cards he had more than one copy of, I took ALL of them and left one copy, so I ended up the proud owner of a load of sparkly cards and a LOAD of bullsh*t like 30 copies of the basic stuff.

I always used to take a shortcut home from school after that, lest his mother sees me while driving by and say something to make me feel guilty, since obviously she'd be the one to have paid for them all.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon   Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:15 am

maybe I'm too old.....

but I've always hated pokemon

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon   Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:24 pm

Gut_Tech wrote:
Back when I was a young black kid, I owned a massive collection of pokemon cards.

Some doucher at school went and traded me a sparkly awesome card for 3 of my best cards, all sparkly cards.

Well, it was in a plastic case, and turned out to be fake, so I asked him over and over to return my cards, and he refused.

So I managed to get my hands on his notebook of cards through a mutual friend of ours (we all kept our goods in notebooks with pages made of sleeves in which we kept our cards)

Well, I remember clearly: before I gave it back to him the next day, I raped him for ALL his sparkly cards, ALL his rare cards in general, and all the cards he had more than one copy of, I took ALL of them and left one copy, so I ended up the proud owner of a load of sparkly cards and a LOAD of bullsh*t like 30 copies of the basic stuff.

I always used to take a shortcut home from school after that, lest his mother sees me while driving by and say something to make me feel guilty, since obviously she'd be the one to have paid for them all.
Lol, I was like that doucher.

I would always manage to rip people off. I had these cards from Brazil that werent even official, and I would tell people they were super rare and theyd trade me like 2-3 rare cards for 1 of mine. I had a notebook too, so many cards, was always proud of my collection.

In the end though I ended up giving all my cards to my younger cousin. Kid was ecstatic, its like winning the lottery for a little kid.

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon   Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:19 pm

Yeah I was never much into the card part of it, but I did have a ton of cards that I just got one by one, never paid for any or anything. Traded the massive stack for one sprite bottle in 4th grade.

And Ronin, you're out of the age group for Pokemon. It was basically people who are now 23, and everyone younger. Anyone older than that who was heavily into Pokemon was a nerd-geek. Kinda like people my age (20) who were into Yu-Gi-Oh.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon   

Back to top Go down

Pokemon
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next