Kowloon

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
bat
Gutman with a gat

PostSubject: Kowloon   Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:39 pm

whoa.

I hate it.

I walk 3 feet in any direction, and Im just stunned by how many different camping spots are all looking down on me at the exact same time.

And it just keeps on like that.

As you move through the map, you just encounter so many camping spots hitting you all at once, its overwhelming.

Most maps, you can sorta creep intelligently, moving kinda slow and investigating each camping spot as it comes into view, but Kowloon, not so much. You walk through that door, or around that corner, or ANYWHERE, and you will be facing possible attack from no less than 5 different camp-spots, and theres no possible way you can ever account for them all.

The only way to build up a killstreak or even go positive would be to camp your ass off, or so it seems to me.

I dont care for Berlin Wall either, it also seems to favor camping hard, but when I get killed by one, it always seems like theres something I couldve done about it, like eventually Id be able to play very well on that map as a run n gun player. Or at least, a move n shoot player, since actual run n gun is suicide on about any map except WMD.
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo

PostSubject: Re: Kowloon   Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:36 pm

It's one of my favorite maps. Just run hacker so you can see sensors and it's usually pretty easy. Kowloon is like a big maze of different levels and inside and outside and there's lots of cool ingenious ways to sneak along edges of stuff that don't look like they could hold you. Etc. Everyone does camp on it, but, fuck, what else is new in FPS.

Berlin Wall actually is my favorite map in the game at this time. It's really well-designed. The no man's land in the middle is a stroke of genius, it's like 2 maps in one.

Summit is a great real run and gun map where you can run around and hipfire everything to death. Most other maps require you to at least ease off the sprint button a bit.

But you know as well as I do that once you get used to the maps you'll enjoy them.
Back to top Go down
bat
Gutman with a gat

PostSubject: Re: Kowloon   Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:41 pm

I dont know dude, I really really REALLY dont like kowloon.

I dont like Array: I leave most times it comes up, but every time I play it I do really well, get my killstreaks and everything, but I HATE the map itself (I dont like anything that caters to coward snipers, and Array is a sniper map) therefore 9 times out of 10 I leave when it comes up, but every once in a while ill play it because I can do well.

Kowloon on the other hand... not only to I hate the way the map is (as far as making it REALLY easy for campers and REALLY hard for... well... me) but on top of that, I cant do well on it. Im pretty sure that I have gone negative (usually BADLY negative) each and every time Ive played it. Its like I say, I want to fight, so I go to find someone. But when I start plucking at him in his window, Im simultaneously in view of 3 other dudes in windows or on obscure ledges, and theres no way that I, with my absurdly long time-to-kill, can kill the guy Im after before at least one other guy random-sprays at me and gets what amounts to a free kill.

I dunno, maybe you are right and I just havent got used to it is all, but Im pretty sure Ill never be a fan of that map. I really think its absolute camper's garbage.
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo

PostSubject: Re: Kowloon   Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:02 pm

I hate Array too. Array and Crisis and Firing Range. Firing range is absolute worst. It's a miracle if someone plants in the first 3 minutes of Firing Range.
Back to top Go down
bat
Gutman with a gat

PostSubject: Re: Kowloon   Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:08 pm

wat?

Crisis is awesome.

Firing range is pretty cool.

And I dont know why you like SnD so much. Im not bagging on you about it, I just dont see whatever it is that you see in it. At least, in a normal game, if I get shafted somehow I can come right back at the guy and try again. In SnD, if he gets a "anyway kill" on me, theres nothing to do but sit there and spectate Josh till he fail-qscopes and dies, and then you run into a claymore that someone already told you was there and then we lose.
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo

PostSubject: Re: Kowloon   Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:25 pm

Man you don't know how much I agree with you about that but TDM is too easy and boring, demolition is too aggravating and clanny, and etc etc. S&D is my favorite mode even though it sucks sometimes. I just like the strategy involved in it if you want to win.

I fucking hate claymores though. I need to always run hacker. Which reminds me, I promised Josh that this entire prestige I would run his exact loadout... Lightweight, steady aim, marathon, L96 extended mags, dual CZs, tomahawk, concussion, claymore.

Jesus am I screwed.
Back to top Go down
bat
Gutman with a gat

PostSubject: Re: Kowloon   Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:40 pm

uhh...

how about you just... dont?

And Domination is my game mode of choice, not TDM. I prefer ground war because A) I like bigger games and B) I like everyone to lag, for obvious reasons. So I end up in TDM only if it comes up in rotation on ground war, but mostly people vote for a domination option over a TDM option, so I end up playing what I want.

In Modern Warfail 2, I really liked Sabotage, I havent tried it in BO but it might be pretty fun. Id like to play it without killstreaks though. A 9v9 sabotage with no killstreaks would be absolutely awesome, IMO.
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo

PostSubject: Re: Kowloon   Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:50 pm

I haven't played Sabotage much on BO either. Once I think. Problem is if we wanna play that we need a party. You really need teamwork in that mode. Our party size is usually 2 or 3.
Back to top Go down
bat
Gutman with a gat

PostSubject: Re: Kowloon   Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:55 pm

2 or 3 is enough.

The randoms can camp. If we play well, then sometime within the 20 minute time period we should be able to plant and blow up the enemy's stuff.

Id say spy plane, counter spy plane, blackbird.

Everyone spends a couple minutes killwh0ring to get the most possible streaks saved up, and make the enemy start camping, and then start unleashing back to back spy planes and BBs while at the same time making a play for the win.

Dogs and chopper gunners and whatnot could help, and would be fun, but playing for the win Id have us doing like I just said.
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo

PostSubject: Re: Kowloon   Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:01 pm

Problem is running into a party of 6 or 8, our 2 or 3 can't beat that if we have a bunch of randoms on our team. It's not so much having a good party, as it is NOT having randoms on our team.

Back to top Go down
bat
Gutman with a gat

PostSubject: Re: Kowloon   Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:10 pm

I dont think sabotage goes over 6v6.

Any party who comes to sabo or demo is coming to get their chopper gunners and hinds and pad their kill stats together while laughing raucously.

All we have to do is tell the randoms to not run out and die.
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo

PostSubject: Re: Kowloon   Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:31 pm

Ever tried actually coordinating randoms?

Wait. Get on now. I'll demonstrate on zombies. We'll play seriously and try to get to as high a level as possible, and we'll explain our strategies to the randoms, treating them with respect and all that, and you'll see the total shitstorm that will result.
Back to top Go down
bat
Gutman with a gat

PostSubject: Re: Kowloon   Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:53 pm

You dont have to coordinate them.

You will easily overwhelm their fragile noobilistic minds with complex commands such as "ok plant the bomb now."

Tell them to hide and camp, because you desperately need them to get their killstreaks.

This will work by making them feel that what they are now doing (hiding in a corner) is important (it is) and they will do it with gusto.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kowloon   

Back to top Go down

Kowloon
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gametanamo Gaming Community :: Games :: Gaming-
Jump to: