HomeHomepageFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

BRINK Returns (to the Topics list) ...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
bat
Gutman with a gat

PostSubject: Re: BRINK Returns (to the Topics list) ...   Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:34 pm

@Killzone: Best way to deal with Skresh, call him a fur, tell him to shut the fuck up, and send him on his way.
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser

PostSubject: Re: BRINK Returns (to the Topics list) ...   Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:50 pm

Gut's mad because he has a sandy vagina.

Fido
emo

PostSubject: Re: BRINK Returns (to the Topics list) ...   Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:17 pm

What's this about lag switchers? You do realize those are extremely uncommon, right? Not near the amount of cheating going on on PC.
Back to top Go down
Killzone_Kid
Habitual Offender

PostSubject: Re: BRINK Returns (to the Topics list) ...   Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:11 am

Gut_Tech wrote:
@Killzone: Best way to deal with Skresh, call him a fur, tell him to shut the fudge up, and send him on his way.

Thanks for the tip Gut didn't realize you have a fair share of assholes in here too LOL
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet

PostSubject: Re: BRINK Returns (to the Topics list) ...   Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:50 am

I'm a bit perplexed at this argument.

WITHOUT A QUESTION

Dedicated Servers >>> P2P

WITHOUT A QUESTION

Filterable Sever Lists >>>> Matchmaking guess work

There is no way P2P is better then Ded servers.... and no way matchmaking is better then a sortable, filterable server list.

Period

well, P2P has some very minor advantages over ded servers... but very very very few. I personally ALWAYS prefer a ded server game over P2P.

Brinks dropin/dropout system kinda calls for P2P however. I think PC will probably run a mix of P2P and ded servers... Console will be P2P only. (If PC didn't offer P2P then what happens when the servers are all taken and you want to co-op with friends w/out renting your own server?)

PostSubject: Re: BRINK Returns (to the Topics list) ...   Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:56 am

Ronin0ni wrote:

Brinks dropin/dropout system kinda calls for P2P however.

This.

Still wish full-on 8v8 public games could be hosted on dedicated servers, though (on console).
Back to top Go down
St NickelStew
Midget

PostSubject: Re: BRINK Returns (to the Topics list) ...   Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:24 pm

Brink: Ready And Able Video

A new Brink video.
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser

PostSubject: Re: BRINK Returns (to the Topics list) ...   Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:27 pm

Why is that you taunt me. That's four months and a week away, which equates to 200 hours of listening to some dumb fuck telling me how to do my job.

St NickelStew
Midget

PostSubject: Re: BRINK Returns (to the Topics list) ...   Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:20 pm

This game continues to look better and better, as far as I am concerned. It appears, from the most recent video I posted, that it will take a minimum of five maxed characters to have all of the available abilities on one of those characters. I think we can have eight different in-game characters.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet

PostSubject: Re: BRINK Returns (to the Topics list) ...   Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:18 pm

16 I think I heard.... though that may be 16 avatars.... 2 each (Security and resistance) for each character of 8 slots.

Prolly create a bunch of different cross class combos... like an assault/medic, assault/engie, engie/op, engie/med, etc to make each character really proficient at 2 classes. Maybe 3 depending how many there are and how it works out.

Also, something else kinda cool, is you can use XP earned on 1 character on a second character.

Finally, if you seriously flubb up your ability choices, you can respec for an XP cost.

PostSubject: Re: BRINK Returns (to the Topics list) ...   Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:46 pm

Ronin0ni wrote:

16 I think I heard.... though that may be 16 avatars.... 2 each (Security and resistance) for each character of 8 slots.

If I remember/understand correctly SD may have lowered that number. Wouldn't be surprised if increasing that number was part of a DLC later.

Ronin0ni wrote:

Prolly create a bunch of different cross class combos... like an assault/medic, assault/engie, engie/op, engie/med, etc to make each character really proficient at 2 classes. Maybe 3 depending how many there are and how it works out.

Yes, I have been thinking particularly about Assault/Medic (both work well with heavy body type) and Engineer/Operative (both can interact with command posts) combos.

If we can choose an ability at character creation we can choose 20 for each character; otherwise, only 19. It appears that those chosen before Level 5 must be Universal abilities, of which there may be as many as 16. Then, each class has at least 9 abilities, so having 15 choices won't go very far if you want at least one class maxed.

There appear to be at least five abilities that are available only at level 20 (max level), one Universal and one for each class. So it will take at least 5 characters to access/use all of those.

Oh, and if I understand correctly, choosing a body size other than Medium (default) will cost an ability slot, too. If true, Medium characters will have the most abilities while Light can move faster/higher and Heavy can shoot bigger guns. Makes some sense.

Ronin0ni wrote:

Also, something else kinda cool, is you can use XP earned on 1 character on a second character.

Didn't know that ... should help people playing Level 20 characters to bring another up to speed faster.

Ronin0ni wrote:

Finally, if you seriously flubb up your ability choices, you can respec for an XP cost.

Yes, but relatively expensive ... one full level.
Back to top Go down
bat
Gutman with a gat

PostSubject: Re: BRINK Returns (to the Topics list) ...   Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:31 pm

So if I re-spec 20 times, I have no abilities?

Or do I simply go from level 16 to level 15- so Ill still make max level eventually, I just have to re-earn my most recent level-up?

Sorry, I havent watched any brink vids in months, due to my computer being a worthless $1,200 dollar investment that I am going to take to my backyard and shoot before too long here.

And this game sounds awesome btw.

Ill probably be flying all over the level raping everything with the light body type, sabotaging stuff with paperclips and slaying chaingun wielding fat ppl with my bag of knives and my C4.
Back to top Go down
St NickelStew
Midget

PostSubject: Re: BRINK Returns (to the Topics list) ...   Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:56 pm

Gut_Tech wrote:

So if I re-spec 20 times, I have no abilities?

Or do I simply go from level 16 to level 15- so Ill still make max level eventually, I just have to re-earn my most recent level-up?

Every time you re-spec you go down one level. My impression is that re-spec'ing will operate much like it did in Borderlands, once you choose to do it all of your abilities will be wiped clean and you can choose an entire new set if you wish.

Gut_Tech wrote:

And this game sounds awesome btw.

Ill probably be flying all over the level raping everything with the light body type, sabotaging stuff with paperclips and slaying chaingun wielding fat ppl with my bag of knives and my C4.

No C4. :joker:
And the only one-shot kill in the game is a headshot to a Light body type. If you aren't shooting 'em from behind, you are probably dying.

I will be favoring the heavier body types ... they get to carry the biggest guns! In fact, they can carry a shotgun as a secondary weapon.
Back to top Go down
CptnShotgun
Eezo junkie

PostSubject: Re: BRINK Returns (to the Topics list) ...   Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:00 pm

I'll probably be running a light body type with a shotgun. Sprinting around the map, dodging bullets, Guerilla Warfare etc...

I'd love to make the enemy team shit themself, spinning round constantly cos they don't know which direction I'm coming from.
Back to top Go down
St NickelStew
Midget

PostSubject: Re: BRINK Returns (to the Topics list) ...   Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:09 pm

CptnShotgun wrote:
I'll probably be running a light body type with a shotgun. Sprinting around the map, dodging bullets, Guerilla Warfare etc...

I'd love to make the enemy team shit themself, spinning round constantly cos they don't know which direction I'm coming from.

While you may do all of the above, you will not do it carrying a shotgun. In Brink shotguns are classified as a "Medium" weapon and can be used only by Medium body types (as a primary) and Heavy body types (as secondary, or primary). There might even be a heavy shotgun in the game.

Light weapons include SMGs and Light Rifles, which are sniper-rifle-esque but not one-shot kills (except perhaps the head of a Light body type).
Back to top Go down
CptnShotgun
Eezo junkie

PostSubject: Re: BRINK Returns (to the Topics list) ...   Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:16 pm

St NickelStew wrote:

While you may do all of the above, you will not do it carrying a shotgun. In Brink shotguns are classified as a "Medium" weapon and can be used only by Medium body types (as a primary) and Heavy body types (as secondary, or primary). There might even be a heavy shotgun in the game.

Light weapons include SMGs and Light Rifles, which are sniper-rifle-esque but not one-shot kills (except perhaps the head of a Light body type).

No shotgun?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

*Sniff*
Back to top Go down
St NickelStew
Midget

PostSubject: Re: BRINK Returns (to the Topics list) ...   Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:25 pm

CptnShotgun wrote:

No shotgun?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

*Sniff*

SMG as a close substitute? And there will be machine pistols for a secondary. And, and ... when using a pistol the off-hand carries a knife for melee (all two-handed guns use the butt of the gun as the melee attack). Does that make you feel better??
Back to top Go down
bat
Gutman with a gat

PostSubject: Re: BRINK Returns (to the Topics list) ...   Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:35 pm

Quit crying and be a fat guy with 2 shotguns.

A good souped up pump shotty for close range, and a good, high RoF automatic shotty for close range.

And if it turns into a close range fight, you can always beat them to death with the backend of one of your shotties.... you are a fat guy, after all.
Back to top Go down
bat
Gutman with a gat

PostSubject: Re: BRINK Returns (to the Topics list) ...   Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:38 pm

o and if the powerful pump shotties are not one hit kill, they better have some awesome and hilarious stun-cripple-push back action.

You come around the corner and Im there with a shotty.

I give you a face full.

You fly backwards at 125 mph, turning backflips, slam into a dumpster, catapult to the left, hit a rail and spin, slam into another wall, and land on your head, stunned and unable to do anything for a good second n a half.
Back to top Go down
St NickelStew
Midget

PostSubject: Re: BRINK Returns (to the Topics list) ...   Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:46 am

Grenades have more of a knock-down than kill effect. Heavies can carry an automatic grenade launcher as their primary. Knock down everyone. Then pull out their shotgun *secondary* and kill those still alive. Win. cheers
Back to top Go down
St NickelStew
Midget

PostSubject: Re: BRINK Returns (to the Topics list) ...   Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:35 am

Another good video

Not quite as entertaining as the last one I posted, but I rather like this one.
Back to top Go down
ShowyAsh
Midget

PostSubject: Re: BRINK Returns (to the Topics list) ...   Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:16 pm

Whats the player count?
Back to top Go down
St NickelStew
Midget

PostSubject: Re: BRINK Returns (to the Topics list) ...   Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:20 pm

8 v 8
Back to top Go down
ShowyAsh
Midget

PostSubject: Re: BRINK Returns (to the Topics list) ...   Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:10 pm

screw that. 32 or bust
Back to top Go down
St NickelStew
Midget

PostSubject: Re: BRINK Returns (to the Topics list) ...   Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:40 pm

Single player is 8 v 8 with you + 7 bots vs 8 bots.

Co-op with as many as 8 vs 8 bots.

Multiplayer is 8 v 8. It's gonna be epic!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BRINK Returns (to the Topics list) ...   

Back to top Go down

BRINK Returns (to the Topics list) ...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 23Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 23  Next