Gametanamo Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for degenerates to shoot shit about their favorite hobby

HomeHomepageLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

BRINK Returns (to the Topics list) ...

Go down 
+20
spacefox
DTECH
Gut_Tech
FFigh
GorillazInm1st
ShowyAsh
CptnShotgun
the_Fetophagist
Killzone_Kid
Fido
Ultrasur76
xXJon2011Xx
sPurMiN_gErMin
Daedra
Alyss
Skreshavik
bat
GnarlyBromance
RoninHo'in
St NickelStew
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
St NickelStew
Midget
St NickelStew

BRINK Returns (to the Topics list) ... Empty
PostSubject: BRINK Returns (to the Topics list) ...   BRINK Returns (to the Topics list) ... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 1:23 pm

New BRINK Video

Has any other FPS done this? Controller configuration will be entirely customizable! (Ronin, I thought of you.) The *only* thing they could do to make this game better on console is to have dedicated servers. But given how "matchmaking" works, I can understand why they went the route they did.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: BRINK Returns (to the Topics list) ...   BRINK Returns (to the Topics list) ... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 1:48 pm

I'm psyched...

Can't wait for Brink... I've watched all their recent interviews and read a # of the most recent previews (after 3 there was nothing new not covered yet.... they all played the same demo lol)

Back to top Go down
St NickelStew
Midget
St NickelStew

PostSubject: Re: BRINK Returns (to the Topics list) ...   BRINK Returns (to the Topics list) ... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 4:30 pm

Yes, I've got it pre-ordered.

It is shaping up to be a very fun game! I hope it doesn't slip under the radar with so many good/big games being released this year. With a little luck it will have Borderlands-esque success!

Thankfully, it's release date is well-timed to provide distraction prior to BF3. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: BRINK Returns (to the Topics list) ...   BRINK Returns (to the Topics list) ... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 9:21 pm

I'm just gonna gamefly it... just in case
Back to top Go down
GnarlyBromance
Admin
GnarlyBromance

PostSubject: Re: BRINK Returns (to the Topics list) ...   BRINK Returns (to the Topics list) ... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 10:28 pm

This is coming out when I leave for my summer job...so wont play it till I get back
Back to top Go down
http://www.gametanamo.com
St NickelStew
Midget
St NickelStew

PostSubject: Re: BRINK Returns (to the Topics list) ...   BRINK Returns (to the Topics list) ... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 12:37 pm

^^^^
Ouch! The game will still be waiting when you return. Thankfully my summer work schedule should allow me a little flexibility to play.
Back to top Go down
GnarlyBromance
Admin
GnarlyBromance

PostSubject: Re: BRINK Returns (to the Topics list) ...   BRINK Returns (to the Topics list) ... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 1:34 pm

St NickelStew wrote:

^^^^
Ouch! The game will still be waiting when you return. Thankfully my summer work schedule should allow me a little flexibility to play.

hehe, I can imagine.

Unfortunately for me, once I am back from my summer job administrating a drum and bugle corps from the end of May - August, I have no Idea where I will be. I am graduating in May, and have no real job for my career path lined up yet (it is still a little early, but with the job market only so, so I have no idea)

So, when I am back in august, I might have all the time in the world to play (in between my calling people to get interviews at companies)

I bet I will find a job that will kick into full swing RIGHT when BF3 and Skyrim hit...SHIIIT
Back to top Go down
St NickelStew
Midget
St NickelStew

PostSubject: Re: BRINK Returns (to the Topics list) ...   BRINK Returns (to the Topics list) ... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 2:03 pm

GnarlyBromance wrote:

I bet I will find a job that will kick into full swing RIGHT when BF3 and Skyrim hit...SHIIIT

Double OUCH! Yes, unfortunately, that is how life works sometimes.

I am a little unhappy that BF3 and Skyrim are coming out about the *same time*. Ugh. Hopefully BF3 will be released in September or October, but with my (and perhaps our) luck, both games will release the same week. Triple-ugh!
Back to top Go down
bat
Gutman with a gat
bat

PostSubject: Re: BRINK Returns (to the Topics list) ...   BRINK Returns (to the Topics list) ... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 2:26 pm

Yea, nothing worse than having a stupid fkin job, I can agree with that.

Mine cuts out on so much of my video-gaming time its ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
bat
Gutman with a gat
bat

PostSubject: Re: BRINK Returns (to the Topics list) ...   BRINK Returns (to the Topics list) ... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 2:38 pm

BTW This is the only FPS coming out this year that I am really psyched for. I cant wait to play it

screw BF3 and MW3. I doubt Ill be able to get into them at all if Brink turns out to be as much fun as I think it will be.
Back to top Go down
St NickelStew
Midget
St NickelStew

PostSubject: Re: BRINK Returns (to the Topics list) ...   BRINK Returns (to the Topics list) ... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 2:58 pm

Gut_Tech wrote:
BTW This is the only FPS coming out this year that I am really psyched for. I cant wait to play it

screw BF3 and MW3. I doubt Ill be able to get into them at all if Brink turns out to be as much fun as I think it will be.

I cannot give up on BF3 -- I like using vehicles too much!

Really, the game I am most looking forward to is Skyrim on 11.11.11.

Along with Brink, which looks to be very fun, those are the three games I have pre-ordered.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: BRINK Returns (to the Topics list) ...   BRINK Returns (to the Topics list) ... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 3:04 pm

yah, I can't give up the open battlefield experience... it really is unrivaled.

Brink is corridor combat... small IO combat akin to most other shooters out there... however with the SMART system, proper class roles, and character progression, it looks to be a bit more interesting.

DA2 is next week, I think that will hold me over till Brink comes out in May
Back to top Go down
St NickelStew
Midget
St NickelStew

PostSubject: Re: BRINK Returns (to the Topics list) ...   BRINK Returns (to the Topics list) ... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 3:28 pm

Ronin0ni wrote:

Brink is corridor combat... small IO combat akin to most other shooters out there... however with the SMART system, proper class roles, and character progression, it looks to be a bit more interesting.

DA2 is next week, I think that will hold me over till Brink comes out in May

I would add to your Brink list: class-based team play (which you are probably describing as "proper class roles"), body-size choices (which will additionally facilitate different gameplay styles), and enormous character customization. Should be great fun.

I will be skipping DA2, but am still playing Morrowind when I have the time. I have been more focused in recent weeks on exercising and regaining fitness ... which has left much less time/energy for games.
Back to top Go down
St NickelStew
Midget
St NickelStew

PostSubject: Re: BRINK Returns (to the Topics list) ...   BRINK Returns (to the Topics list) ... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 1:50 pm

Two "new" interviews.

Richard Ham

Ed Stern

This game continues to look better and better!
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: BRINK Returns (to the Topics list) ...   BRINK Returns (to the Topics list) ... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 2:39 pm

ZERO OHK weapons

(only OHK is rifle headshot against unbuffed light character)
Back to top Go down
GnarlyBromance
Admin
GnarlyBromance

PostSubject: Re: BRINK Returns (to the Topics list) ...   BRINK Returns (to the Topics list) ... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 3:05 pm

Ronin0ni wrote:
ZERO OHK weapons

You are telling me a company actually did what I have been saying forever?!?that 1 hit kill guns ruin games?!?!?

OMG, ok, im buying this...
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: BRINK Returns (to the Topics list) ...   BRINK Returns (to the Topics list) ... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 4:17 pm

yah, explosives have more of a knockdown, then kill, effect

"sniper" rifles (It's just a non assault rifle class... that you can equip with scope) are accurate and powerful, but as mentions can only OHK w/ a headshot on an unbuffed light bodyweight (there is an equipable ability, and a medic buff that increase health) which should be quite difficult given the speed and mobility of lights.... unless they too are sittin & snipin or something (ie; if you plan on sittin and snipin as light... take the health boost lol)
Back to top Go down
St NickelStew
Midget
St NickelStew

PostSubject: Re: BRINK Returns (to the Topics list) ...   BRINK Returns (to the Topics list) ... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 4:18 pm

Ronin0ni wrote:
ZERO OHK weapons

Yup. Which I think is a pretty reasonable trade-off for the maneuverability of Light characters.

Splash Damage have a lot to balance: body sizes, weapons (+ add-ons), perks, and more. But I am becoming pretty impressed with how well they are balancing everything.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: BRINK Returns (to the Topics list) ...   BRINK Returns (to the Topics list) ... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 4:37 pm

well, how well they say it's balanced lol

I played the Quake:ET demo on 360 when I first heard about Brink.... pretty old game, but interesting.

Same kind of objective attack/defend gameplay with class specific objectives on the way.

Body weight and class and ability customization should make for a lot of interesting options.
Back to top Go down
St NickelStew
Midget
St NickelStew

PostSubject: Re: BRINK Returns (to the Topics list) ...   BRINK Returns (to the Topics list) ... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 4:56 pm

Regarding balance, I certainly think that OHK only for Light with headshot is a good trade-off for the Light's maneuverability.

Heavy's/Medium's guns do more damage. The secondary weapon for a Light must be a pistol. Pistol carrying players do greater melee damage with a knife in the off-hand, rather than trying to beat someone with a rifle butt.

I, too, think there seem to be a lot more interesting combinations than with other FPS games.

Perks: Engineers and Operatives seem to cooperate well. Assault and Medics seem to cooperate well. I think my first character will be a Heavy Assault/Medic character, and my second will be a Medium Engineer/Operative. I think we are allowed something like 12-16 different characters, but I don't want that many.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: BRINK Returns (to the Topics list) ...   BRINK Returns (to the Topics list) ... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 6:27 pm

no need either...

You can change body weight between matches, and respec all your ability points as well (at a cost of XP)

Back to top Go down
St NickelStew
Midget
St NickelStew

PostSubject: Re: BRINK Returns (to the Topics list) ...   BRINK Returns (to the Topics list) ... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 7:04 pm

Ronin0ni wrote:
no need either...

You can change body weight between matches, and respec all your ability points as well (at a cost of XP)

Seems to me I thought the only thing you couldn't change was your body size.

What is the point of being able to have multiple characters, then?
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: BRINK Returns (to the Topics list) ...   BRINK Returns (to the Topics list) ... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 7:35 pm

Hopefully they release a demo so I can see how well my machine can handle it, otherwise I might need to start up the old Xbox again.

The SMART system also sounds like it's going to be...clunky, to say the least. A lot of accidental movements, further compounded by the controller sticks for console.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: BRINK Returns (to the Topics list) ...   BRINK Returns (to the Topics list) ... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 1:00 pm

St NickelStew wrote:
Ronin0ni wrote:
no need either...

Seems to me I thought the only thing you couldn't change was your body size.

What is the point of being able to have multiple characters, then?

So you don't need to burn respecs every time you want to change playstyles....

You only get 20 of 50 abilities, and some have pre-reqs...

so you can't be a master of all 4 classes... you just can't.

You can specialize, or do jack-of-all

Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: BRINK Returns (to the Topics list) ...   BRINK Returns (to the Topics list) ... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 1:01 pm

Skreshavik wrote:
Hopefully they release a demo so I can see how well my machine can handle it, otherwise I might need to start up the old Xbox again.

The SMART system also sounds like it's going to be...clunky, to say the least. A lot of accidental movements, further compounded by the controller sticks for console.

I doubt it..... have you read any previews on anyone who's played with SMART?

Not a one complains about accidental movements
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BRINK Returns (to the Topics list) ...   BRINK Returns (to the Topics list) ... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BRINK Returns (to the Topics list) ...
Page 1 of 23Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next